Required Years of Experience
Kindling features a large wood-burning grill and wood-fired rotisserie that serves as the hearth and the heart of the restaurant's main floor. The kitchen is led by James Beard winning chef, Jonathon Sawyer! We are hiring for both Lunch & Dinner shifts, with a focus on Dinner availability.
Bussers are responsible for assisting the service team in exceeding the guest’s expectations. Teamwork, organization and good awareness are necessary for success in this position.
- Clean and reset tables and transport dirty dishes to bus tub, tray or dish room
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Effectively service a minimum of an eight table section
- Safely and effectively move chairs, tables, highchairs and booster seats
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multitask calmly and effectively in a busy & sometimes stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure the overall guest experience exceeds expectations and anticipate guests’ needs
- Greet guests with a warm, sincere smile
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with guest challenges and respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Assist service team with all food and beverage service
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
Qualifications, Education & Behavior:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- 6 months of restaurant experience
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures
- Ability to work day and night, often into the late hours of the night
- Ability to work consistent schedule at least 4 days per week
- Food Handler Certificate
WHY THIS IS A CAREER & NOT JUST A JOB!
- Benefit Packages (Medical, Dental and Vision) with employer subsidy
- Competitive Pay and 401K + Match
- Paid Time Off (Salary), Paid Sick Leave and Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly Food + Beverage Perks at all of our establishments
- Quarterly Bonus Program (Salary)
Our company is growing rapidly and we always prefer to develop our Leadership from within!
Visit our Group Page: The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Farm To Table, Steakhouse, Wild Game
Bar / Lounge, Upscale Casual
1 Employee Recommendation
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Kindling features a custom-build 14' long wood-burning grill and rotisserie that serves as the hearth and the heart of the restaurant's main floor. The kitchen is led by Jonathon Sawyer, who won the Beard Award for Best Chef: Great Lakes in 2015 for his work at The Greenhouse Tavern, Noodlecat, and Trentina in Cleveland. Most recently, Chef Sawyer oversaw the Four Season's Adorn Restaurant & Bar. Many of his restaurants centered around live-fire cooking.
The restaurant welcomes up to 500 Guests, with a second-floor terrace (3,000 sq ft) debuting in Summer 2023 along Adams Street. Kindling's three bars and craft cocktail program are overseen by The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group's Director of Beverage and Bar Operations, Julieta Campos.