Required Years of Experience
*NOTE THIS PROPERTY IS NOT IN NEW YORK CITY*
Jean-Georges Management is seeking a Pastry Sous Chef for one of its properties. If you are passionate about your craft and want to be part of a great team with amazing potential for growth, this is your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level! We are offering extremely exciting opportunities for growth and creative freedom!
Roles and Responsibilities (these are not all-inclusive):
- Responsible for method of service, production, and baking to ensure all items are prepared to meet deadlines and standards.
- Properly execute plated desserts with varying components to standards set.
- Taste and review pastry products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and maintaining new recipes, presentations, and products.
- Complete all closing requirements as directed.
- Have a working knowledge of inventory ordering systems.
- Identify and communicate suggestions to the Chef De Cuisine for policies and procedures to improve the operation.
- A minimum of 4 yrs. of experience in a pastry department
- Associates Degree in Baking and Pastry
- Managerial experience a plus
- Total understanding of proper pastry methods, techniques, and standards
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures within the kitchen, refrigerator, and freezer environments
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and holidays.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in an environment with time constraints.
- A strong sense of urgency.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to handle last-minute changes
- A team player with strong communication skills.
- A desire for growth.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
The base pay for this position is $65,000 per year. The determination of what a specific employee in this job classification is paid depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, prior employment history/job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, etc.
To apply, ensure your profile has your most updated resume, and tell us why you are the best candidate for the job. Look forward to hearing from you!
Jean-Georges Management is built on a powerful culinary foundation and has evolved into a reputable and award-winning restaurant group. From inception, Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten placed emphasis on the importance of providing the very best in culinary and tailored hospitality, which has resulted in the success of an acclaimed constellation of international restaurants. With over 60 restaurants worldwide, we continuously strive towards excellence and rely on the support of our culinary and hospitality team members to contribute to our worldwide operations."Jean-Georges Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity."
Compensation: Salary ($65,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Restaurants by Jean-Georges
Jean-Georges Management is built on a powerful culinary foundation and has evolved into a reputable and award winning restaurant group. From inception, Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten placed emphasis on the importance of providing the very best in culinary and tailored hospitality, which has resulted in the success of an acclaimed constellation of international restaurants. With over 25 restaurants located in 5 countries, we continuously strive towards excellence and rely on the support of our culinary and hospitality team members to contribute to our worldwide operations. At Jean-Georges Management, we pride ourselves on cultivating talents as well as hiring skilled professionals and rewarding them with the chance to grow alongside our constantly evolving organization and industry.