Required Years of Experience
The Alinea Group seeks full-time dishwashers with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Possesses the ability to follow instructions and can multitask
- Can work individually and within a diverse team to complete daily objectives
- Can be counted on to report on time and ready to work
- Is thorough and can work safely within a kitchen environment
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting at $17.50/hour
- Medical, vision, dental and life benefits available on the 1st of the month following full-time employment.
- Paid time off
- 401(K) with a company match up to 4% of deferred earnings.
- CTA/Ventra discount available after 1 month of full-time employment.
- Employee Dining Discount, 20% to any Alinea Group restaurant.
- Referral Bonus Program Available.
- Must be authorized to legally work the US
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Wash dishes, glasses, pots, and pans by hand or via commercial dish/glass washer
- Dry and polish all service ware, glassware and flatware
- Sweep and mop floors; vacuum carpets
- Removal of garbage and waste to the compactors or recycling bins
- General cleanliness of the dining rooms, kitchens, restrooms, and outside areas
- Recurring maintenance tasks (power-washing, changing air filters and lightbulbs, snow removal, etc)
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the restaurant to another.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 35 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, bend and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
The Alinea Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age, veteran status, life experiences and ideas. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strive to provide an inclusive culture that embraces diversity.
Must be eligible to legally work in the United States. We use E-Verify.
Compensation: Hourly ($17.50 - $18.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Kitchen Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Alinea Group
West Loop of Chicago
CHEF ACHATZ | CHEF ADAIR | NICK KOKONAS