Required Years of Experience
The Alinea Group seeks a Chef De Partie to join our team in Chicago.The ideal candidate must be able to effortlessly multi-task, possess great communication skills, and enjoys the learning aspects of food and beverage.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hourly- Starting at $19.50/hour
- Medical, vision, dental and life benefits available on the 1st of the month following full-time employment.
- Paid time off.
- 401(K) with a company match up to 4% of deferred earnings.
- CTA/Ventra discount available after 1 month of full-time employment.
- Employee Dining Discount, 20% to any Alinea Group restaurant.
- Referral Bonus Program Available.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Work under the direction of our chefs complete assigned tasks daily.
- Follow prep lists and recipes.
- Learns and executes specific dishes on their prescribed station.
- Complies with all health department requirements of food safety and staff hygiene including but not exclusive to labeling, time, and temperature.
- Actively participates in the positive relationship between FOH and BOH teams by maintaining steady stream of communication with entire staff.
- Follows safety and emergency procedures to protect staff, guests, and property.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies immediately to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains thorough understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Predominantly works the PM shifts through the entirety of service.
- 45-60 hours per week (estimated)
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the restaurant to another.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 35 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, bend and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
We are a company that participates in e-verify. Must be authorized to work in The United States.
Compensation: Hourly ($19.50)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Advanced Knife Skills
Basic Knife Skills
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee Recommendation
Part of The Alinea Group
Next : Seafood
Inspired by…. open seas, the endless potential of a cast line and the reward of well-earned catch; the refined perfection of an oyster’s pearl & the mysteries that inspire us to explore further… Next’s modernist expression of seafood is a journey through coastal cuisine and a tribute to it’s beauty.
A menu as inspiring and grand as the ocean’s bounty!
By Grant Achatz and Nick Kokonas. Chicago.