Required Years of Experience
Palisades Hospitality Group is a full-service hospitality company that manages and develops hotels and restaurants as well as provides industry-tailored financial and consulting services. PHG specializes in creating and operating individually distinct hotels and restaurants. Our entrepreneurial spirit and broad industry expertise allow us to anticipate and quickly adapt to changes in the evolving hospitality marketplace, ensuring profitability and continued growth. We employ a framework that provides the freedom for each of our locations to celebrate its own distinction, yet provide the right amount of structure to leverage the power and efficiency of Palisades services and systems.
We're seeking a Task Force Executive Chef to join our culinary leadership team. While this unique and exciting position will be based out of Mill Valley at our home office and flagship Piatti location, it will require travel to properties within our management group with open leadership positions. In some cases this could be short notice, a flexible schedule (and a love of adventure!) is necessary. Our locations are throughout CA as well as in WA,TX, and UT. The annual salary is $95,000 to $105,000 depending on experience.
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program to Dine + Stay
- Anniversary Awards for long service employees
The Task Force Executive Chef will work hand in hand with our VP of Culinary, further relaying company directives and develop BOH culture, refine recipes and maintain consistency across properties. The Palisades Task Force Chef will be called upon to travel to properties with open leadership positions, in some cases with short notice. In the event of a Chef vacancy or leave, the Task Force Chef is responsible for the short term planning, upholding our positive kitchen culture and continuing day to day operations of the restaurant. The Task Force Chef is a self-starter with the ability to both receive and give clear direction. This position will be highly competent in all Palisades systems/platforms and be an advocate for their use while on property and onboarding new chefs. This role is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to ensure all company brand standards, policies and procedures are maintained, in support of delivering on both the employee and guest experience.
- Passionate about food, people and cultivating positive environments.
- A passion for cooking all types of cuisine from Italian to Wood Fired Rotisserie.
- Believes that food is an art form meant to be savored and meant to be consumed and appreciated with multiple senses.
- A mastery of food and flavor to evoke a variety of reactions.
- Sensitive palate and a keen sense of taste and smell in order to recognize subtle nuances in flavors to allow the exploration of bold new flavor combinations and make them work.
- Creativity and a flair for experimentation to put a twist on familiar dishes and create new combinations.
- Focus on local, sustainable, seasonal and organic ingredients
- Strong work ethic, willing to work long hours
- Hands-on chef who takes ownership of the kitchen, leads and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Stays cool under pressure, treats his or her team fairly and with respect.
- Leadership - a great leader and can teach and develop a crew to cook great food. Lead by example.
- Ability to delegate tasks with proper instructions with follow through and follow up.
- Maintain professional and respectful workplace for employees.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on guest service
- A strong presence in the restaurant with great attention to detail in kitchen management and quality service.
- Positive attitude
- Communicate clearly, professionally, concisely and respectfully
- Solid track record as an Executive Sous Chef or Chef du Cuisine in an upscale, fast paced, and quality environment.
- Control food and labor costs
- Development of culinary team
- Minimum 5 years as Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine, or Executive Chef
- BA or related culinary degree with eight or more years of industry and culinary management experience.
- Food Safety Certification
- Food Handlers Certification
- Conversational Spanish is preferred
Compensation: Salary ($95,000.00 - $105,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Dining Discounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employer Provided Basic Life Insurance
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Palisades Hospitality Group
Palisades Hospitality Group is a full-service hospitality company that manages and develops hotels and restaurants as well as provides industry-tailored financial and consulting services. We specialize in creating and operating individually distinct hotels and restaurants.
Our innovative spirit and broad industry expertise allow us to anticipate and quickly adapt to changes in the evolving hospitality marketplace, ensuring profitability and continued growth.
We employ a framework that provides the freedom for each of our locations to celebrate its own distinction, yet provide the right amount of structure to leverage the power and efficiency of Palisades services and systems.
At Palisades, our employees matter. We celebrate the collection of unique individuals that make up our teams, woven together by a common thread, enriching the colorful tapestry of the hospitality experience we create for our guests. Fueled by the dedication to our craft, our restaurants and hotels are a place where employees are trusted to do the right thing for our guests and each other. Quite simply, we believe in creating moments that matter, and the passion we share for the guest experience starts and ends with caring about our employees. We welcome you to our Palisades Family!