Required Years of Experience
The Events Captain is responsible for working closely with the Private Dining Team in order to execute all Private Dining and Offsite events. This position is also responsible for leading the Event Server team through the event, while also handling all guest needs and inquiries. The Events Captain is the primary point of contact for guests during any event. Lastly, the Events Captain is responsible for maintaining and organizing all Private Event spaces, managing inventory of CGS in the space, and communicating any repair and maintenance concerns with the Front of House management team. This position reports directly into the Private Events Manager.
DHG Policies and Guidelines
- Arrive on time and “floor-ready” for all scheduled shifts. Arrive to work following dress code guidelines and standards.
- Clock in and out for each scheduled shift and shift break. Exhibit accurate and effective use of time and attendance portals and procedures.
- Abide by all Delicious Hospitality Group (DHG) Policies and guidelines.
- Due to the risk that workers in New York City face who perform in-person work or interact with the public, Delicious Hospitality Group will continue to require proof of vaccination from all employees. Delicious Hospitality Group will continue to require proof of vaccination prior to an employee’s first day of employment.
Service & Guest Experience
- Lead the Event Server team during the event, ensuring to appropriately delegate all tasks while foreseeing guest needs. Ensure the room is prepared for service at least 30 minutes in advance and that the Event Server team is prepared, dressed (in dress code) and prepared for guest arrival.
- Work actively to build systems and routines for the Event Server team to ensure efficient and elegant execution of all events.
- Lead pre-shift with the Event Server team to ensure that all team members understand the BEO and expectations for the event.
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of service and consistently execute them with efficiency and grace while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service.
- Perform basic wine and cocktail service and for any beverage specific events, work in conjunction with both the wine and bar team to ensure proper timing, efficiency and communication with the guests.
- Anticipate guest needs and create strong guest relationships. Demonstrating strong guest recognition skills is critical.
- Ensure constant communication with staff members, management and the kitchen at all times during service.
- Ensure that management is aware of any guest needs or concerns in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate speed and accuracy when using the POS system during service.
- Utilize soignee system effectively and assign headers for any VIP guests/Allergies/etc.
- Actively mobilize Event Server team to fulfill all steps of service while focusing on guest needs.
- Demonstrate ability to aid co-workers during service while successfully maintaining a section.
- Responsible for ensuring that all banquets/catering are allocated properly in the POS system.
- Ensure the Tripleseat invoice and POS numbers match. This includes following up with the Private Dining team to ensure each event has been rung in correctly.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all offsite events to ensure smooth and efficient FOH operations from planning to execution.
Compensation: Salary ($60,000.00 - $67,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Ensuring Guest Satisfaction
Following Steps of Service
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Delicious Hospitality Group
Delicious Hospitality Group, aka the team behind NYC’s Charlie Bird and Pasquale Jones (Chef Ryan Hardy and Sommeliers Robert Bohr and Grant Reynolds), is bringing their downtown expertise uptown by operating the hospitality component of Henry Hall, a new residential building in NYC’s Hudson Yards neighborhood. Spanning two floors of what was formerly Legacy Recording Studios, Delicious Hospitality’s venture will be home to an 85-seat restaurant, a walk up indoor/outdoor café, two private dining rooms with their own experiential chef kitchen and a cocktail and wine bar.
Guests can expect what they love from Charlie Bird and Pasquale Jones to translate into this new space: delicious food, excellent wine, exceptional service and a strong music line-up all in a fun and relaxed setting.
Chef Ryan Hardy will develop the culinary program with his fresh, flavorful cuisine, gathering inspiration from Italy’s northern coasts – there will be lots of seafood, vegetables, risotto (Ligurian, Venetian, Provence, Mediterranean-inspired).
Arvid Rosengren, the reigning ‘Best Sommelier in the World,’ and current wine director at Charlie Bird, will lead the hospitality team. And, master mixologist Jeff Bell from PDT (Please Don’t Tell) will arrange the cocktail program.
Built in a neighborhood once ripe with recording tradition and consistent with Delicious Hospitality’s belief that music is the key to the soul, the name Legacy Records seemed to be more than just a former studio, it landed as the name of the restaurant. Located at 517 W. 38th Street, Legacy Records will be open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and private dining beginning Fall 2017.