Required Years of Experience
Join the team at Manhatta as a Service Manager!
Manhatta is a restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, combining sky-high views with down-to-earth hospitality. Perched sixty stories above Lower Manhattan, Manhatta offers stunning views of New York City, its bridges, and waterways.
Who you are: The Service Manager, in collaboration with the leadership teams, will set communicate standards and practices for the restaurant to ensure a high performing and fulfilled team. They work closely with the management teams to drive service each day and inspire team members to work together and hold one another accountable to the standards set. They educate and support the service team to create the best dining experience for all guests and the best work environment and experience for all employees.
What you’ll do:
- Cultivate a culture of authentic hospitality for all stakeholders that supports our business objectives and growth.
- Maintain excellence and cleanliness of the dining room, ensuring that appropriate physical inventory is always available to employees and guests and that all staff is properly acquainted with appropriate CGS as it pertains to the cycle of service.
- Maintain positive working relationships with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods, ensuring effective and timely communication.
- Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service as needed.
- Work with beverage management to conduct, reconcile and submit month end beverage inventory.
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies, holding employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary.
- Ensure that the Payroll process is completed accurately, on time and according to business/accounting procedures.
- Ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation.
- In conjunction with restaurant management team, hire and train service staff according to restaurant standards for hospitality and excellence, manage scheduling of employees when needed and provide continuous training, and leadership to develop and grow the team.
What we need from you:
- 2+ years dining room experience in hospitality & fine dining, management experience preferred
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Strong passion for and skill in education
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
- English fluency and Spanish preferred
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual compensation range of $70,000 - $80,000, including bonus potential*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.
Compensation: Salary ($70,000.00 - $80,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
2 Employee RecommendationsSee Details
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Perched sixty stories above Lower Manhattan, Manhatta is a new restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, combining sky-high views with the intimacy of a neighborhood spot.