Required Years of Experience
At Rocket Farm Restaurants, the core philosophy that defines our culture is “We serve the person who is serving the guest.” Our culture is not something we act out on the floor of the restaurant. It starts with how we treat and serve one another in the kitchen – with dignity, respect, and care. We believe there should be no difference in how we treat and serve one another in the kitchen and how we treat and serve our guests in the dining room. We hope you agree and will consider joining us!
The Optimist brings a menu of casual, wood-fired fare to Nashville’s Germantown neighborhood, transporting landlocked Tennesseans coast side to experience fresh, sustainably sourced seafood.
The Optimist is seeking an Assistant General Manager to steer our Nashville-based crew!
The Assistant General Manager leads all aspects of restaurant operations in tandem with, or in the absence of, the General Manager by leading the team in an open, positive and approachable manner. He/she controls reservations and seating of the restaurant and oversees the daily menu changes in order to maximize revenue and maintain service standards. He/she will able to anticipate guests’ needs and proactively and effectively ensure guests’ satisfaction. The Assistant General Manager fosters and encourages an educational environment by training and leading his/her team to success. 5-years of progressive restaurant experience preferred, two of which are in management. Apply today and become part of a dynamic, innovative, and heartfelt group of unique individuals!
Competitive salary: $65,000 – $80,000/yr. DOE + generous quarterly bonus program
Full benefit eligibility after 30-days of employment:
Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
As a valued member of our team, you will also receive:
- A supportive culture and ethical work environment
- Dynamic performance-based raises and promotions
- Paid Time Off, Childbirth Recovery Leave and Parental Leave to support a healthy work-life balance
- Significant Long-term Retention bonuses
- Family time on most major holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- 50% discount at all Rocket Farm Restaurants - Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and Houston
- Rocket Farm University: specialized leadership classes and personalized support for career advancement
- Employee-led Mentorship programs, Advisory Council and Safety Committee
SkillsSee job description
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Fine Dining, Upscale Casual
Part of Rocket Farm Restaurants
The Optimist brings a menu of casual, wood-fired fare with a focus on sustainable seafood to Nashville’s Germantown neighborhood. The Optimist transports landlocked Tennesseans coast side to experience super-fresh, sustainably sourced seafood from the region’s most responsible purveyors. As the sounds of coastal-inspired bands fill the air, each dish perfectly blends together classic and modern seafood favorites, while adventurous yet simple cocktails of the season and an extensive outdoor patio and “game” area help to complete the full experience.