1 Michelin Star and 3 NY Times Stars, Casa Mono / Bar Jamon is looking for an assistant sommelier to join our team!
The Sommelier’s job description is to assistant the Head Sommelier in all aspects of the wine program which reflects the wine philosophy and guidelines of the restaurant concept.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
* Work service shifts assisting guests with wine selections as well as assisting the service staff with wine service.
* Assist service staff in all aspects of service including taking food orders, answering guest queries, helping run food and drink to tables.
* Work closely with head sommelier to manage wine costs
* Communicate effectively with management, head sommelier and staff all needs necessary to insure great guest service.
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or owner.
* Knowledge in Spanish wines is a plus.
The sommelier must be self-motivated, driven, inspiring and hospitality driven. They must also have keen people and business skills which include communication skills, motivation skills, leadership skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills, and business skills. As important is the ability to maintain a positive team-oriented and supportive attitude.
This is an hourly position and a member of the restaurant tip pool.
We offer excellent health package: medical, vision, dental, 401k, paid vacation, personal and sick days.
comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casa Mono is our Spanish taverna with a New York sensibility that will make you long to stroll down Las Ramblas in Barcelona.
Choose from over 500 wines and another dozen Sherries. Tapas-style small plates are all the rage, but traditional appetizers and entrees are also spun beautifully by Chef Andy Nusser.
Awarded One Michelin Star in 2016 and 2017.