Required Years of Experience
Mattos Hospitality is seeking a part-time reservationist for corporate office. Please note that weekend and evening (until 10pm) availability is a requirement for this position.
Primary responsibilities include:
- As the first point of contact, sets the tone for the entire guest experience, ensuring all guests receive welcoming and professional service
- Handles incoming guest queries and reservation requests via email and multiple phone lines in a courteous and efficient manner
- Uses Resy in order to make reservations and organize floor plans
- Has a working knowledge of how to manipulate the book to maximize cover counts
- Responds positively and promptly to customer concerns and complaints
- Coordinates with the restaurant staff on reservation and guest notes and requests, and assists the team with guest recognition
- Communicates with guests in order to confirm reservations and assist with special requests
- Support with large party bookings and some events queries
- Performs other light administrative work as needed
- Minimum of one year experience in a host, Maitre'd, and/or reservations position in NYC restaurants
- Experience working with Resy
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Microsoft word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Team player attitude
- Flexible availability
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Compensation: Hourly ($20.00 - $28.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Mattos Hospitality
At Mattos Hospitality our purpose is to create an inspiring, sustainable and prosperous business that brings joy, takes care of others, and helps build community through craftsmanship around the table. Our company culture supports the growth and development of our employees and provides opportunities for education and advancement.
In 2013, Ignacio Mattos opened Estela on Houston Street in the space that once housed the Knitting Factory music venue. With a deep wine list and a bar serving cocktails late into every evening, Estela is a place that takes inspiration from the busy, dependable restaurants that Mattos loves to visit around the world but that is also firmly rooted in downtown New York City.
In early 2016, he opened his second restaurant on Spring Street in SoHo, the Italian restaurant Café Altro Paradiso. Since its opening, Estela has been named one of the World’s 50 Best Restaurants and has received a Michelin Star, in addition to a wide range of best-of local and national publications, and Ignacio was nominated for a James Beard Best Chef: New York award in 2017 .
Located at 1 Rockefeller Plaza, Lodi which opened in September 2021, draws inspiration from Italian aperitivo culture and the Art Deco architecture of the bakery and restaurants’ surroundings. Ignacio Mattos and his team envision Lodi as a neighborhood anchor both elegant and friendly that matches its historic address. It is a place you can visit any time of day, whether for a quick morning espresso or a leisurely late-afternoon cocktail on the plaza.
In 2022, the group will be delivering the food and beverage program for a luxury, boutique hotel in a beautiful period building on the Lower East Side. This includes: an elegant, upscale restaurant, a neighborhood bar, lounge, rooftop bar, in-room dining and a number of private event spaces.