Required Years of Experience
As a host/reservationist at Al Coro, you are responsible for cooperating with the Maitre D’, Management team and fellow hosts/reservationists. You are the first impression of the restaurant and should greet each guest with a warm, friendly demeanor. Your goal is to maximize reservations with a thorough understanding of our book while delivering delightful, efficient service. The Reservationist must be meticulous ensuring every detail of a guest’s reservation has been accurately recorded with established procedures. The role of the Reservationist is integral to the success of the restaurant.
- Must have prior experience working as a Host/Reservationist in a restaurant
- Experience working with Resy is preferred
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be knowledgeable of Industry critics & awards
- Must be able to lift & a carry at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable with repetitive motions (such as walking, bending & standing)
- Must have full schedule availability
- Must be able to take constructive feedback and work well in a team dynamic
- Efficiently and politely manage all phone, email, internet & “in person” inquiries
- Ensure all reservations are recorded/tagged accurately and promptly into system
- Maximize daily reservations and guest counts
- Create daily floor plan sheets: detailing reservations and VIP guests
- Work with Maitre D’ to provide accurate wait times to guests if/when necessary
- Protect Establishment and Patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies
- Maintain knowledge of F&B menus to assist with customer inquiries
- Complete admin duties: printing, copying, scanning, faxing, Microsoft, PDFs
- Attend training sessions and team meetings as required
At Al Coro we value our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming work culture. We believe in a ‘whole house’ mentality and we expect all departments (Pastry, Savory, Dining Room, and Facilities) to support and motivate each other to achieve our goal of guest satisfaction. As an employee, you will interact with all of these departments regularly and should be able to communicate effectively and respectfully with your co-workers & managers.
This is a full time position and requires flexible schedule availability: including nights and weekends.
- 40% dining discount at group restaurants
- closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- 56 hours of paid sick time every year
- a separate PTO accrual for vacation time (up to 120 hours after 4 years!)
- we offer enrollment in Medical, Dental & Vision insurance to all full time employees
- we provide each full time employee with a no cost life insurance policy
- we provide each full time employee with an enhanced short term disability policy
- access to an Employee Assistance Program (no cost mental health care) for employees & families
85 Tenth Restaurants LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Compensation: Hourly ($15.00 - $25.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of 85 Tenth Restaurants LLC
Al Coro offers two ways to dine, a three course à la Carte Menu or a Tasting Menu. The seven course tasting menu is $265 per person plus tax and gratuity. A shorter abbreviated five course tasting menu is also available for $210 per person.
The menu offers regional Italian cooking alongside dishes that take a bit of creative license. Dinner starts with antipasti, a duo of pastas, main dishes, and a wave of sweets.
Executive Chef + Partner
Executive Pastry Chef
Food & Beverage Director
Chef de Cuisine
Director of People & Operations
Creative Operations Manager
Director of Business Operations