Required Years of Experience
Situated in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square, Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk own and operate Quince & Co Hospitality; a collection of unique restaurant concepts ranging from a Three Starred Michelin flagship to more casual, volume-based concepts, all unified in a commitment to exemplary hospitality, creativity, and a desire to innovate and continually reinvent. Quince & Co is a values-driven company committed to creating rewarding experiences for all team members with growth opportunities for advancement.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Our properties and people are dedicated to setting new restaurant standards in hospitality, cuisine, and the employment experience. Our goal is to collaborate with talented restaurant professionals and offer opportunities to learn and grow within the profession. We are a Values-Driven operation that is committed to creating rewarding experiences for our employees with growth opportunities for advancement.
As a valuable member of our team, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits
- 401K with up to 4% matching employer contribution
- Purchase wine from both Quince and Cotogna lists at cost
- Consistent scheduling with 2 consecutive days off in a row
- Competitive compensation
- Tax deferred commuter benefits program to save money if you pay for parking or public transportation
- Company-wide dining discount
- Trips to Fresh Run, our Farm in Bolinas, and monthly participation in our Fresh Run Farm community sponsored agriculture (CSA) program
- Personalized structured career development plan and advancement opportunities
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes in food and beverage
- Family meals provided
RESPONSIBILITES AND SPAN OF AUTHORITY
Works directly with the Quince & Co Director of Operations with a broad set of responsibilities that includes directing the sustained success, growth, and overall asset management of the Company as measured by the budgeted goals and owner's objectives, and in accordance with the Quince & Co mission statement and company policy. Build high performance management teams and the infrastructure to support sustained improvements in revenue, cost controls, profit, and business expansion. Fundamental to the position is an understanding of the owners’ vision and plans for the Company and the ability to communicate and drive to them effectively by working collaboratively with the senior management teams in front and back of the house.
RESTAURANT OVERSIGHT AND IDENTIFICATION OF OPPORTUNITIES
In general, monitor and evaluate all daily activities to ensure the successful day-to-day management of all restaurant operations. Evaluate performance of food and beverage programing by measuring guest satisfaction, volume, product mix, revenue, and costs to implement necessary changes to allow for the most successful operation of services and fulfillment of company objectives. Ensure that Q&Co continuously delivers unparalleled hospitality and excellence to its guests.
Manage line and junior management staff to uphold Cotogna’s service standards and ensure utmost guest satisfaction. Manage the quality and flow of service through communication with fellow managers, the host and guest services team, private dining team, and culinary team and front of house team. Direct restaurant managers in the day-to-day management of line staff.
Review all financial data and information to develop operational priorities, review actuals vs budgets to promote profitability on daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Review HotSchedules for daily labor and sales reporting of actuals vs scheduled/forecasted.
Direct operations teams and General Managers to meet targeted financial goals including but not limited to; budgeted cost of goods, labor budgets, sales and revenue, prescribed inventory levels, purchasing budgets and controls for Cotogna. This will require fluency in the in following platforms; Avero, Micros, Simphony and Inventory Management software.
FINANCIAL REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Weekly reporting on sales to budget and to last year for each of the revenue center and sales category on trends to maximize on covers on average check potentials.
- Weekly reporting on labor to budget for the BOH and FOH with the following: CDC, DOF and ownership.
- Review monthly with DOF, financial trending on the 12th of each month (for the first ten days) to strategize on any needed improvements and opportunities for the balance of the month and execute accordingly.
- Monthly reporting and GM comments for the P and L close to ownership and DOF.
Forecasting and budgeting financial growth year over year and to budget.
- Forecast and budget the financial growth and development of all restaurant revenue in collaboration with DOF for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Forecast and budget the financial growth and development of QPA beverage programs in collaboration with DOF and Wine Director for the upcoming fiscal year.
Forecast and budget the financial growth and development of QPA Private Dining Department in collaboration with DOF for the upcoming fiscal year Review with General Manager daily and weekly labor targets, audit to budget and schedule. Ensure accuracy in all reporting and labor imputes, and system synchronicity across various reporting platforms.
DEPARTMENTAL OVERSIGHT AND IDENTIFICATION OF OPPORTUNITIES
Establish and maintain departmental standards, guidelines, and objectives as it relates to all restaurant operations within the Quince & Co restaurant group. Monitor and evaluate all daily activities in order to ensure the successful day-today management of all restaurant operations, culinary and beverage programing.
Evaluate performance of food and beverage operations by measuring guest satisfaction, volume, revenue, and costs analysis in order to implement necessary changes to allow for the most successful execution of services and fulfillment of company objectives. Analyze trends for making any changes or improvements to a particular area of the restaurant.
Responsible for overseeing the recruiting, training, mentoring, managing & retaining of all hourly FOH line staff and management to ensure that they receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives. As well as developing, establishing and maintaining Q&Co service procedures and standards. Work closely with the Q&Co HR department to implement all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Q&Co Employee Handbook.
Ensure appropriate staffing levels to maintain guest service levels while meeting budgeted labor goals for the FOH and BOH.
Oversee comprehensive FOH training program and staff education and initiatives. Work with restaurant managers to assess individual team members’ performance goals while strengthening the company’s brand and culture. Continuously recruit strong candidates for all positions and grow the next generation through empowerment and development, including cross training opportunities throughout Q&Co (Verjus, Cotogna and Tusk Events).
Reflected in the Quince & Co mission statement and Culture Deck, model the Core Values while continually striving to incorporate their meaning, relevance, and impact into all aspects of your role.
- Represent Quince & Co professionally through personal appearance and temperament, communication, and respect for others and follow through.
- Demonstrate ownership of the position though focus, determination, and attention to detail with the goal of elevating the guest experience in every interaction.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge, working towards achieving personal/professional fulfillment rather than public attention.
- Demonstrate an attitude of teamwork by working collaboratively to identify positive solutions to problems or issues. Be open and receptive to changing needs and priorities.
- Display trust in your actions, having confidence in knowing that we are all looking out for each other’s best interest.
- Strive to elevate your personal performance and maintaining the standards of quality.
- Welcome suggestions and new ideas as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve services.
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs in a respectful and timely manner.
- Strive to establish a benefit for our guests, each other, the restaurant, and the overall industry into the future.
- Ensure that operational standards are met in regard to sanitation codes and laws, food storage, and loss prevention.
- Availability to work every day of the week including holidays
- Ability to traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly and safely
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at time
- Must be able to comply with all health and safety standards
- Manager’s Food Handler’s Certificate
Compensation: Salary ($90,000.00 - $110,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Part of Quince & Co
Situated in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square, Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk own and operate Quince & Co Hospitality; a collection of unique restaurant concepts ranging from a Three Starred Michelin flagship to more casual, volume-based concepts, all unified in a commitment to exemplary hospitality, creativity, and a desire to innovate and continually reinvent.
Quince & Co Hospitality was founded in 2004, with the goal of communicating kindness, conveying a sense of discovery, and creating an experience that lingers long after a guest has finished their meal. It has been often said that a guest may forget what they ate, what you did, or what they saw but will never forget how you made them feel.
Our core value of genuine hospitality starts with our team of dedicated professionals, from our kitchens in the dining rooms and at our Farm, and everywhere in between. We are dedicated to setting new standards in hospitality, cuisine and the employment experience. Our goal is to collaborate with talented restaurant professionals and offer opportunities to learn and grow within the profession. We seek inspired, curious and kind individuals to be a party of our community and culture of excellence, education and hospitality.
We offer competitive compensation, predictive scheduling, fully paid medical, dental, vision coverage, 401K matching employer contribution, company-wide dining and wine purchasing discounts, and participation in our own CSA-Fresh Run Farm program and collaboration.
Candidates must be motivated to further their knowledge in food, wine and hospitality. Experience is not required but a passion to learn and an ambition to grow is a must. We offer personalized structured career development plans for individuals seeking to grow their careers in hospitality.
Quince & Co Hospitality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.