Required Years of Experience
One floor above SAGA is Overstory, a cocktail bar with a wraparound terrace. An abbreviated food menu will be available at Overstory. Overstory is a world class cocktail bar that focuses on hospitality first. The guest expirience is the forefront of what we do. Overstory has 28 seats inside with a 10 seat bar. In addition there is a wraparound terrace with an additional 40 seats and exterior bar. The cocktail menu features cocktails that are presented simply but have intricut use of ingredients and development of those ingredients.
The Overstory Cocktail Server job is not just to serve tables, but to be a host of the evening, a sort of master of ceremonies. You are one of the first interactions with our restaurant that a guest has and, also, often one of the last. You must be able to create unique and personalized guest experiences for all: You will not just serve drinks, but set the tone, tell stories and assist with the overall experience. Cocktail servers must possess leadership skills, be personable with guests and be able to anticipate their needs- working with a warm, knowledgeable & noticeably appreciative demeanor.
A knowledge of classic cocktails, food and wine is a must. Hunger to learn more, curiosity and an open mind is a must for all candidates. The bar program will be rooted in classic cocktails with culinarily focused application. The cocktail server must be able to cooperate with Managers and co-workers as this role is integral to the success of the restaurant.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must have 1 years + experience in a fine dining, cocktail-centric environment as a server or bartender
- Have a warm, positive, and noticeably appreciative demeanor towards guests and colleagues
- Must demonstrate strong food, wine, and spirits knowledge and eagerness to continue education
- Be comfortable using a digital point of sales system.
- Be able to effectively communicate, give and take constructive criticism, and productively lead in a small team dynamic.
- Must be able to easily adapt and improvise in order to personalize service for each guest
- Must have a strong focus, heightened attention to detail, precise organizational skills and a passion for the hospitality industry
- Have full schedule availability, including weekends and holidays
- The cocktail server should
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time [over 5 hours]
- Be able to lift and carry 50 pounds steadily
- Be comfortable bending, sitting, walking extended distances including up and down flights of stairs, and moving.
- Be comfortable with heights, elevators and small spaces.
SAGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation: Hourly ($10.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Radicle Hospitality
Perched on the 63rd floor of an Art Deco tower at 70 Pine Street, SAGA is a fine dining restaurant in New York City’s Financial District. The restaurant is the sophomore project from Chef James Kent and the team behind Crown Shy; which opened in March 2019 on the ground floor of the same building.
The SAGA suite comprises the top four stories of 70 Pine Street in the tiered spire of the building. One floor above SAGA is Overstory, a cocktail bar with a wraparound terrace. The 62nd and 66th floors are dedicated to private events. The latter–the former observation deck of the building–is a private dining room for a single 18-person table accessed by a private elevator that rises from the ground.