Required Years of Experience
Santoni’s Marketplace & Catering is seeking an experienced, high energy and motivated individual to join our team as a Full time Garde Manger-Cold Kitchen Managing Chef. You will be in charge of all physical aspects of our Cold/Catering kitchen. You will monitor the production of quality items according to Santoni's standards for our Marketplace and off-site Catering events The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of motivation, a strong sense of urgency and a creative spirit that will inspire our Cold Kitchen Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To love what you do with the ability to show and share it amongst the team.
- Responsible for developing a unified, sales-centered, collegial, and spirited team to provide superb customer service in a brisk and efficient manner.
- Responsible for producing foods for retail and catering service according to daily prep sheet. Finishes catering orders including garnishing and packaging in an organized fashion.
- Responsible for overseeing the production of all items for ‘Meals to Go’ case while maintaining a full and attractive display.
- Responsible for performing quality testing of products throughout the course of production.
- Control expenses and labor by best practices of scheduling and managing inventory.
- Ensures economical food production and minimizes waste.
Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strategic thinker who demonstrates the ability to execute solutions to complex situations.
- Certification in sanitation and safe food handling best practices.
- Able to work well under pressure and demonstrate the ability to lead a team.
- Must be effective in Microsoft Word, Excel, internet and email use.
- Has a history of applied culinary expertise in creating best practice systems and processes.
- Experience in high volume retail/catering setting which includes planning, organizing and directing operations.
- Ability to be a team player and work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with a team and to motivate others.
Education & Experience: Culinary degree preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with culinary management and leadership. Off-premise catering experience is a plus.
Compensation: Salary ($50,000.00 - $65,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Voluntary Life Insurance
Food Safety Knowledge
Advanced Knife Skills
Cleaning / Sanitation
Work In a Fast-Paced Environment
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bakery / Patisserie, Cafe, Corporate Catering, Food Service, Event Catering, Event