Required Years of Experience
Paramount Events is looking for a professional Sous Chef, and/or Production Chef to assist in our busy kitchen, both here at our headquarters, and at off-site events. Successful candidates will be self-motivated and employ their culinary knowledge and managerial skills to maintain and enhance our customers’ satisfaction, following the guidelines of our Executive Chef. www.paramounteventschicago.com
One part of the process, we request that all applicants complete a short, 2-question survey. There are no right or wrong answers, just your answers. Please copy & paste the following link to see job descriptions and start the application process: https://go.apply.ci/s/RTjXty29QM
• Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
• Produce high quality plates both in design and in flavor
• Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely manner
• Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
• Manage and train kitchen staff
• Establish a working schedule and assess the staff’s performance
• Coordinate with the Director of Purchasing to stock inventory appropriately
• Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• Proven experience as a Sous Chef and/or Production Chef
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
• Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
• Familiar with industry’s best practices; OFF-PREMISE CATERING A PLUS!
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (Microsoft Office)
• BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate a plus!
COVID vaccine mandatory. Masks are optional.
ServSafe Manager’s Certification required. Allergens Certification required.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Dining Discounts, Free parking. Daily shift meal. Vacation Days. Sick Days
Cooking for Catering