Required Years of Experience
Position Purpose: The primary purpose of our baristas is to accurately represent Sant Ambroeus by exhibiting professionalism and a deep core sense of hospitality at all times. Baristas must be experts in making coffee beverages to the specifications required at Sant Ambroues. They must efficiently and consistently be able to make all coffee beverages and deliver them to guests when needed.
1. Greet all guests that enter or exit the restaurant/café in a warm and welcoming demeanor at all times
2. Possess knowledge of and be able to explain, in a clear, audible and professional tone, all of the coffee beverages available at Sant Ambroeus – including, but not limited to, the variations of espresso shots, cappuccino, lattes, alternative milk options, etc.
3. Ensure that all items that have been served are accurately entered into the POS system.
4. Carry all glassware and silverware on the correct tray when moving them throughout the dining room.
5. Manage time and priorities to ensure that each coffee is made and delivered to the guest within the acceptable window of time.
6. Be able to answer any guests’ questions related to the food/beverage item that was ordered – including all products in the café showcase.
7. Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the coffee station/counter in accordance to Health Department standards
8. Keep the coffee station and surrounding display areas stocked at all times and perform a full restock at the end of the shift (including, but not limited to, stocking cookie tins, olive oil bottles, to-go cups, straws, take-out bags etc.)
9. Prepare all packing products needed for wrapping of items and food products
10. Maintain the display showcase so it is clean and full throughout the shift. Communicate with management when items need to be replenished from the kitchen.
11. Perform side-work, and any other opening or closing duties as required or asked by management.
12. Alert Management of any service, guest and/or safety issues that are observed throughout the shift.
13. Receive and process guest’s payments with careful accuracy when they have completed their bar/cafe.
14. Retrieve completed payments (cash and credit card) and submit to appropriate department at the close of your shift.
15. Perform a count of the bar bank at the beginning and end of your shift (when needed) to reconcile all cash payments.
16. Mark food items with dates at the end of your shift and inform management of any items that are out of stock or low in stock
17. Assist with any other duties when asked by management.
18. Maintain a professional demeanor with all members of the staff, both front and back of house, at all times.
Minimal Essential Requirements:
1. Fluency in spoken English in order to communicate with guests and other members of staff.
2. The ability to stand for up to 10 hours at a time.
3. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time without sitting.
4. Ability to frequently bend and reach.
5. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
6. Schedule flexibility unless previously discussed and agreed upon with management.
Benefits and Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Paid Time Off
Bonus program (Management)
Family meal daily
Discounts at our restaurants and products
Referral bonus program
Compensation: Hourly ($12.00 - $16.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bakery / Patisserie, Cafe, Upscale Casual
Part of Sant Ambroeus Hospitality Group
Located on a beautiful corner at West 4th and Perry Street, Sant Ambroeus West Village is an intimate restaurant where guests can experience a perfect shot of espresso or a fine dinner.
The espresso and cappuccino bar remains an institution due to its addictive cornetti (Italian croissants), famous gelato, and homemade cakes and cookies.
Chef Andrea Bucciarelli has crafted breakfast, lunch and dinner menus that reflect our Milanese traditions and bring new life to classic Italian dishes. We serve a lively brunch on Saturday and Sunday afternoons featuring a signature Bloody Mary, an addictive avocado toast and other brunch favorites.
Come in for dinner and the dining room transforms into an elegant, intimate space.
The wine list features older vintages and a rotating selection of premium bottles available by the glass.