Required Years of Experience
Fishtown Pickle Project specializes in handcrafted, small batch, refrigerator pickles that feature culinary-inspired flavors that are extraordinary yet nostalgic. The business began as a passion project by Dietitian Niki Toscani and Chef Mike Sicinski shortly after gifting handcrafted pickles to their wedding guests in 2018. As professional foodies, both have an innate passion for good food and all things pickled. We pride ourselves on quality and fresh, all natural ingredients sourced locally as often as possible.
We are committed to our people. We welcome diversity and creativity! We strive to cultivate a productive, but fun and relaxed working environment. Our mission is to bring people together with good food that creates joy, is kind to the earth and supports other small, independent businesses. Our core values are wellness, community, tradition and sustainability. We are a fast-growing company and were just named this year's "Best Pickles in Philadelphia" by Philadelphia Magazine! Join us as we continue to make big moves in the Mid-Atlantic region!
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for overseeing manufacturing and production of our handcrafted pickles. They will work alongside the production team and with the Production & Inventory Lead to meet specifications and deadlines. This is a full time position that will report to the company owners.
Applicants should have culinary training, experience working on a production line and supervising employees. They should also be interested in quick pickling and fermenting!
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Set up the machines and a safe environment for production
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Hire, coach, counsel and conduct performance evaluations of staff.
- Develop, train and mentor staff and act as a resource to them.
- Open production kitchen and complete a general overview of day’s production.
- Determine priorities of production staff.
- Supervise production staff to ensure efficiency, quality, cleanliness, organization and proficiency.
- Ensure quality of food produced by all team members while adhering to specified time limits.
- Work with Production & Inventory Lead to assess arrival of orders and future product needs. Communicate with purchasing manager regarding pace of production staff to prevent missed orders and over ordering.
- Work with Production Inventory & Lead to maintain inventory of equipment and supplies
- Supervise proper storage, organization and cleanliness of walk-in boxes.
- Insure proper sanitation guidelines are maintained.
- Communicate daily shift reports to upper management
- Participate in any meetings, including weekly kitchen and any others companywide.
- Travel, as necessary, to different properties/venues.
- Positive Attitude, Teambuilder, Organization, Knife skills, Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), Servsafe certified preferred.
Compensation: Salary/Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Paid Time Off, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Attention to Detail