Required Years of Experience
Rose’s Restaurant Group (by James Beard Award winner Chef Aaron Silverman) is seeking a Sous Chef for it's newest restaurant Little Pearl.
Some things to know about us:
Our Mission. Our mission is “To make this the most enjoyable restaurant to work in and the most enjoyable restaurant to dine in”. This is the reason we are here. This is why we do what we do.
We are big on communication and organization. We believe these are huge keys to success. And the better we are able to communicate and organize ourselves, the more success we will have.
We are big on teaching and growth. We work hard to make sure everyone is constantly growing and learning. We want everyone who works with us to become a better cook, barista, chef, manager and most importantly, leader when they leave us.
We like having fun. While we take our jobs very seriously, we also do so lightheartedly. In other words, we love to hustle and get better everyday but we also love to do it while laughing and having fun at the same time. (And yes, that is possible).
We have awesome benefits for full time employees:
- Company paid medical benefits
- Company paid dental benefits
- Average 45/hour work week goal for managers
- Unlimited Paid Vacation Policy for salaried employees
- Parental Leave Plan
- 401K plan
- Complimentary gym membership
- Employee Assistance Program (covers mental health services, legal services, and additional support)
- Life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Financial Advisor services
- Somm Certification Reimbursements
- WMATA SmartBenefits program
- Most major holidays off
- Access to our Vision benefit program
- Unlimited (air) high fives!
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate is someone who, most importantly, has a real passion for making other people happy. Significant management experience is required for this position.
What the job looks like:
The Sous Chef is a leader before anything else. They are someone who inspires and motivates their team. They challenge them and reward them as well.
Responsibilities of the Sous Chef include overseeing the day-to-day back of house kitchen operations, assisting in staff training and education, and assisting in the development of new and creative dish menus. The Sous Chef would report directly to the Head Chef.
If this position interests you, please reply with your resume and cover letter highlighting your background and notating why you are interested in joining our team or send them to [email protected]
- Previous management experience
- Ability to work in standing position for long periods of time
- Must possess a positive attitude with the ability of being a strong mentor for staff
- Strong problem solving skills
- Food cost management experience
- Staff management of 10+ employees
- Staff training experience
- Employee scheduling experience
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program