Required Years of Experience
At Al Coro we value our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming work culture. We believe in a ‘whole house’ mentality and we expect all departments (Pastry, Savory, Dining Room, and Facilities) to support and motivate each other to achieve our goal of guest satisfaction. As an employee, you will interact with all of these departments regularly and should be able to communicate effectively and respectfully with your co-workers & managers.
This is a full time position and requires flexible schedule availability: including nights, weekends and lunches.
- 40% dining discount at group restaurants
- closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- 56 hours of paid sick time every year
- a separate PTO accrual for vacation time (up to 120 hours after 4 years!)
- $500 referral bonuses!
- we offer enrollment in Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- we provide each full time employee with a no cost life insurance policy
- enhanced short term disability policy
- access to an Employee Assistance Program (no cost mental health care)
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Have a warm, positive, and noticeably appreciative demeanor towards guests and colleagues
- Strong food knowledge and eagerness to learn
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a given service
- Be able to effectively communicate, give and take constructive criticism, and work productively in a team dynamic
- Must have a strong focus, heightened attention to detail and precise organizational skills
- Have full schedule availability, including weekends and holidays
- The Kitchen Server should
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time [over 5 hours]
- Be able to lift and carry 50 pounds steadily
- Be comfortable repetative movements like bending, sitting, walking extended distances including up and down flights of stairs.
- Be comfortable with heights, elevators and small spaces.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package [medical, vision, dental, life, short term diability]
- Pre-Tax Deductions for Commuters
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Paid Sick Time Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Provide a work environment where you and your guests will want to return
- Provide opportunities for growth within the Hospitality industry
Compensation: Hourly ($10.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of 85 Tenth Restaurants LLC
Overseen by Chef Melissa Rodriguez, Al Coro will occupy the soaring restaurant on the corner of 16th Street and Tenth Avenue. Al Coro will serve a combination of simple (regional, traditional) preparations of Italian food and more imaginative, elegantly-plated dishes of Chef Rodriguez’s design.
Every meal at Al Coro will start with a giant, table-filling spread of antipasti served in mismatched bowls and platters that blanket the table. Following starters, we’ll offer more delicate, individually-plated pastas and proteins. All of the food will be served the way it might be at the fancy home of a friend who was cooking for you. Some pastas and proteins will be served communally; others will be presented then plated in the kitchen.
Executive Chef + Partner
Executive Pastry Chef
Food & Beverage Director
Chef de Cuisine
Director of People & Operations
Creative Operations Manager
Director of Business Operations