Required Years of Experience
MAIN ROLE: Our Service Assistants provide essential support to our wine team in each evening's service. The Service Assistant, specifically, will arrive first to begin the set up of the dining room. The Service Assistant will be responsible for complete set-up of the dining room, from cleaning and configuration of tables, to setting up all plates, cleaning duties and service utensils for service. During service, the Service Assistants will assist sommeliers with table maintenance, ensuring tables are marked correctly with utensils and glassware in a timely manner. The Service Assistants should be comfortable with movements in the dining room according to fine-dining standards, and be able to efficiently complete tasks in a busy environment. The Service Assistant will assist with food running and spieling dishes, so he/she should be comfortable explaining food and interacting with guests.
- Prepare trays, plates, utensils, and napkins for service.
- Set and reset tables during service.
- Refill glassware station, polish cutlery during service.
- Make sure to clear the table and be responsible when handling luxury equipment.
- Align tables and chairs in the dining room, setting dining room tables.
- Set up the guest bathroom (soap, toilet paper, towels, candles).
- Set up plates for the kitchen.
- Assist sommelier during service with table maintenance (clearing, marking).
- Constantly keeping an eye on the water levels, fill when needed.
- Always help to run food when hands are needed.
- Mark table, clear table as needed.
- Prepare coffee and tea for the guest.
- Prepare Non - Alcoholic drinks and follow recipes and standards.
- Break down N/A Bev and coffee station.
- Acknowledge guests about food details and serve dishes following standard and order.
- Be responsible for the inventory supplies and weekly cleaning side work.
- Keep a constant eye contact on the guest to anticipate need and reporting to a sommelier when a guest is unhappy.
- Speak with guests using clear and professional language.
- Ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Ensure that the restaurant is always kept clean and organized, in both the front and back of house areas.
- Complete the daily responsibilities that are set for each individual shift.
- Attend training sessions and meetings when they are required.
- Work with fellow staff members to ensure that the restaurant achieves its full potential.
- Complete side work promptly.
- Have a minimum experience in hospitality or customer service.
- Be friendly, social, and like to interact with staff and guests; Be a team player.
- Be very meticulous, efficient, and open to learning and suggestions.
- Be prompt, reliable, and always carry a gracious and hospitable attitude.
- Have a minimum knowledge of food and beverage.
- Have a strong personality. Be determined to deliver detailed and high level of luxury service.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally climb up and down staircase.
- RBS certification preferred.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)