Required Years of Experience
MAIN ROLE: In this position, under the direction of the Sous Chefs and Chef de Cuisine, you will be responsible for a station within the kitchen. You will adhere to the standard operating procedures for food quality and aid in keeping the kitchen compliant with the regulatory requirements for food handling, sanitation and cleanliness.
- All Chef de Parties are responsible for keeping the kitchen in pristine order while they are here.
- During prep and service, Chef de Parties are expected to be organized. Items are not to be out of place and every product is to have a home and placed in right angles.
- Ensure items in the kitchen are fresh and being used accordingly
- Chef de Parties have a window of prep between 2:30pm and 5:00pm. You are expected to effectively ensure all projects that are required for your station are complete before service.
- Each dish is expected to be put up for tasting by 4:45. The Chef de Partie will make any appropriate alterations if requested.
- Expected to have station in complete order by 5:00pm
- During service all chefs are expected and required to act as professional as possible. Each chef is to be quiet and clean
- Through communication and guidance from the expeditor, you will be required to complete the necessary steps of service throughout the night.
- You are expected to call back to the expediter in unison, signifying you have heard the request and are ready to complete the task.
- After a training period, you are required to be able to run and spiel each dish on the menu.
HEALTH AND SANITATION
- All Chef de Parties are responsible for keeping our restaurant up to date with the propor code of health and sanitation.
- Fill out daily temperature logs and ensure fridges are maintaining proper temperature
- Ensure proper sanitation and personal hygiene are maintained.
- Must maintain manager lever food handling certification.
- In addition to keeping the kitchen clean throughout the day the Chef de Parties are responsible for two breakdowns a day. one at 4:00pm and one once service is finished.
- The breakdown at the end of service is a deep clean, all mise en place is either discarded or if it is a two day project is stored properly. All squeeze bottles are to be cleaned by hand
- The Kitchen should be cleaned from top to bottom. the stainless steel is then to be polished.
- Must be able to follow the directions carefully and be able to receive coaching when necessary.
- Must communicate with the team during service to ensure effective, positive results.
- Must keep your station clean and organized.
- Must have constant awareness of station needs.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally climb up and down staircase.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)