Required Years of Experience
Main Role: Pastry assistant is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and organization standards implemented within the pastry department & the restaurant. Pastry Assistant learns, executes, and maintains quality and consistency of all menu items. The Pastry Assistant works alongside the Pastry Sous Chef and Pastry Chef to help produce all mise en place for dinner service, works the pastry station during service while ensuring that the standards of quality are kept.
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate
- Food Safety Knowledge
- General knife handling
- Kitchen Cleaning / Sanitation
- Time Management / Ability to Multitask
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and positive state of mind
- Strong team collaborator
- Have a desire to create desserts that reflect the Crenn mission statement and Chef Juans vision
- Ability to produce quality mise en place in a timely manner and anticipate needs for the station looking ahead, including mise en place production and ordering needs.
- Represent Atelier Crenn professionally through your personal appearance, communication, and respect for others and follow through. Strive to exceed the standards of cleanliness.
- Communication with pastry sous chef and pastry chef to maintain high-quality ingredients for all desserts.
- Patience and care in training stagiaires and any other pastry visitors that come into the kitchen temporarily.
- Strive to contribute ideas and behaviors that maintain and enhance an equal and safe workspace for all.
- Lead through action by taking care of equipment and all workstations.
- Explore and listen to ideas that will reduce waste and increase sustainability.
- Encourage each other to explore creativity and support his/her ideas that will improve the pastry station as a whole.
Welcome suggestions and new ideas as an opportunity to learn, grow and improve services.
- Arrive on time for the scheduled shift and wear clean and appropriate work attire.
- Prepare mise en place alongside pastry Sous Chef until service begins.
- Set up pastry station with all mise en place and side-work needed to work efficiently.
- Work pastry station during dinner service while doing pastry side-work and keeping a clean and organized workspace.
- Break down pastry station after service in a timely and efficient manner.
- Complete final breakdown and communicate with sous chef with next day product needs etc.
Health and Sanitation
- Ensure proper sanitation and personal hygiene are maintained.
- Ensure that the kitchen is always prepared for routine health inspection and following guidelines.
- Oversees cook’s stations, making sure everyone is working as clean and as organized as possible.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally climb up and down staircase.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)