Required Years of Experience
The Lounge Server’s responsibility is to serve guests in an accommodating and professional manner and to ensure total guest satisfaction. The Lounge Server is responsible for a specific station and should always be present on the floor making sure that service runs smoothly.
He/she will not only be knowledgeable and passionate about wine and cocktail, and service in general, they will also possess a commanding knowledge of the food, wine, and service specific to Boulud Sud. He/she will be the main personal contact and ambassador to guide guests through their meal. An ability to lead their team will control the pace and flow of all the tables in their station.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Safety and Security
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
General Food and Beverage Services
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Notify management of maintenance repairs issues.
- Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Loss Prevention at the time of the incident and/or accident.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
- Assist your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Check with captain or supervisor before leaving at end of shift.
- Set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- Travel Perks and benefits
- Recognition and Rewards
- Growth Opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- and much more!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
Boulud Sud Miami | https://www.bouludsud.com/miami/contact/
Marriott Careers: https://www.youtube.com/user/MarriottJobs
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Fine Dining
Boulud Sud located in Miami’s downtown district, offers Chef Daniel Boulud’s vibrant Mediterranean-inspired restaurant featuring flavors that travel the entire Mediterranean region from the shores of Southern France to the coast of North Africa and beyond. There is an emphasis on grilled fish and lamb as well as an abundance of fresh vegetables on menu. Chef Daniel Boulud shares the energy and style of its renowned Manhattan counterpart, tailored to the rhythm of Miami life.