Required Years of Experience
Union Square Events is looking for a Pastry Cook ($22/h to $26/h) to join their growing team!
Founded in 2005 as Hudson Yards Catering, Union Square Events is a culinary and operations leader in the hospitality industry, partnering with a diverse portfolio of best-in-class clients. We produce one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences in a variety of cultural, corporate, entertainment, and private venues throughout New York City and beyond.
Who you are: Pastry Cooks collaborate in our production of food as well as support all aspects of the production and packaging of products. We produce food for anything from a 5-course tasting menu, to bulk production for small and large venues, such as cafes and stadiums, and everything in between.
You will have the opportunity to learn everything from viennoiserie, using two brand new sheeters, ice cream, and sorbet making to spinning, bite-size and buffet sweets to plated desserts. We also have a temperature-controlled room for chocolate work.
We are searching for employees who are not only talented but excited to learn and grow with our company while upholding the family values that our business is built upon.
What we need from you:
- Effective Time Management
- Passion for learning and growing
- Emotional Self Awareness under pressure
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Ability to follow menus, and recipes and complete basic mathematical calculations
- Excited to work within a team environment
- Able to lift 50 pounds and stand for 8+ hours
- Flexibility in schedule
- Comfort in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Understanding of professional baking, pastry, and knife handling skills
- Desire to learn multiple facets of the vast realm of baking and pastry arts
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Good communication skills; ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and directions
- Enjoy working in a team atmosphere with the ability to be comfortable taking initiative when working alone
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $22 to 26 based on experience
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
Please note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This position may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the restaurant.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please e-mail [email protected] for assistance.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
USHG will make reasonable accommodations under applicable law for qualified individuals to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job unless doing so would create an undue hardship for the Company.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan’s Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG’s 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality.
Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues in New York City and Chicago.
Our team works together to exceed our clients', and their guest's expectations, time and time again.