Required Years of Experience
Job Title: Sous Chef
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Reports to: Executive Chef
Avra Beverly Hills is a fine dining restaurant with a Greek concept, specializing in its culinary feature of fresh seafood. Located at the heart of Beverly Hills and nestled within the Golden Triangle. We form part of a successful and well-recognized hospitality group. We welcome you to join us on a journey of luxury fine dining and exquisite flavors influenced by Greek culture.
Avra is in search of someone who is prepared to take on the role of supporting our successful team as our next Sous Chef at our Beverly Hills location! In detail, the Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in operating clean and safe kitchen/BOH facilities/practices while meeting or exceeding food quality and speed of service requirements.
Job Description & Production Expectations:
- Coordinates and supervises activities of employees engaged in preparing and cooking food.
- Ensures raw ingredients are available and prepared for use in recipes.
- Advises employees in preparation, proportion, and garnishing of foods.
- Ensures that food preparation methods are used.
- Prepares, proportions, and garnishes foods.
- Manages employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be alert in a busy environment.
- Monitors processes used by employees.
- Responsible for assisting the Chef in setting appropriate prep levels and managing production.
- Knowledgeable of and capable of performing in any line position, as needed.
- Production of special items, soups, and intensive menu items.
- Responsible to deliver guidance and direction to line cooks on a continual basis, particularly in the execution of food for large, private parties
Quality Assurance & Sanitation Requirements:
Ensures that strict adherence is maintained regarding the standards of quality for the food being served, including but not limited to:
- Proper handling & storage
- Proper use of techniques and cooking procedures
- Portion Size
- No phone usage while in the kitchen
What we are searching for:
- Strong Communication skills.
- 5-4 years’ previous kitchen experience in a high-volume setting.
- Ability to multi-task, in a fast-paced environment and take initiative
- Passion and ability to coach and lead
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred or understanding of the Spanish language.
- Forming part of our team The Avra Group a fast-growing company succeeding in the world of luxurious fine dining.
- Competitive pay, healthcare benefits, retirement plan.
- Complimentary meals while on the clock
- Offer growth possibilities to their hardworking team members
Avra BH is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Please ensure your profile has the most updated resume, tell us your salary expectation and why you are the best candidate for the role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
* Salary based on experience
Compensation: Salary ($62,400.00 - $75,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dining Discounts
Food Safety Knowledge
Ordering / Purchasing
Advanced Knife Skills
Cleaning / Sanitation
Safety Procedures Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Avra Group
Avra is a Greek-inspired Mediterranean seafood restaurant specializing in whole grilled fish and Greek specialties. Our objective is for each and every guests experience to be an authentic Mediterranean dining experience without having to visit antiquity. In order to achieve this we prepare each dish as simply as possible and in the fashion that it has been prepared for millennia.