Required Years of Experience
Position Summary: A host is the warm, friendly face that immediately greets guests at the door and seats guests in a professional and prompt manner. Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure are essential.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a reputable fine dining restaurant.
- Proficiency on a reservation system such as Open Table or Resy.
- Excellent communication skills are required; ability to listen and make a connection.
- Professional and polished appearance required.
- Food and wine knowledge is required.
- Must be comfortable and skilled at describing menu items when guests inquire.
- Ability to carry multiple beverages on trays when moving guests from bar to table.
- Must be able to handle a fast paced environment in a hospitable manner with professionalism and poise.
- Position entails standing and walking during entire shift.
All candidates must have availability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Quality Branded is a group of upscale restaurants, which are owned or managed by father-son restaurateurs Alan and Michael Stillman with chef Craig Koketsu, including the flagship location of Smith and Wollensky, Quality Meats New York, Quality Italian New York & Denver, Zou Zou’s & Chez Zou, Kini’s & Cretan’s & Chez Roc, Quality Bistro, Quality Eats, and Don Angie.
- A robust Health Benefits plan with a significant employer contribution for Full Time employees (30+hrs/wk)
- Enhanced Mental Health & Health Care options for all employees, FT/PT without weekly contribution.
- Medical, Dental, Vision options with Cigna for FT employees.
- Transit Benefits.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Dining Discounts & Staff meals
Quality Branded provides equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. Proof of vaccination is required.
Compensation: Hourly ($20.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Fine Dining Service
High Volume Service
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Quality Branded
Quality Bistro, a bustling, steak-centric brasserie in midtown Manhattan, offers contemporary takes on bistro classics in a whimsical space. Chef Daniel Parilla references his classical French training to create new interpretations of French dishes.
"Designed by AvroKO, the space features a warmly outfitted bar area; a cooler, plant filled conservatory-style dining room with inc-topped tables and plush seating; another, brighter dining room up a few steps; and an airy private dining room beyond." NY Times