Required Years of Experience
Delicious Hospitality Group which includes Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, Legacy Records, and our newest location, Bar Pasquale, is expanding the brand to include the boutique Silver Sands Motel, opening May 2023, located in Greenport, Long Island. We are looking for a talented Director of Sales & Marketing to join our opening team.
The mission of the Hotel Director of Sales position is to build sales for the hotel, generate revenue through building new relationships with clients and maintaining existing relationships. This role is responsible for ensuring all hospitality and service in the sales and rooms departments and maximizing revenue potential for the hotel. This role oversees the hotel’s room revenue growth for group and event sales.
MANAGING SALES ACTIVITIES
- Responsible for sales and revenue generation for the property.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance and staying up to date on new sales initiatives for the hotel.
- Solicits books of business and develops local group business.
- Works with management team to develop, implement, and manage group sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
- Disseminates sales-related information to other departments as appropriate.
- Arranges and conducts special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients.
- As a representative of the hotel, attends required related meetings and events on and off site.
- Monitors and tracks all communications from guests. Consults with other managers on any issues and advise on responses and actions. Emphasizes hospitality and progressive improvement. Resolves complaints from guests in a polite, friendly manner always making sure we follow up with them when needed.
- Manages the processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, and opportunity analysis.
- Monitor competitor strategies and data; maintain understanding of the dynamics of the local market and demand generators and present appropriate action plans to management.
- Handle all Sales calls and VIP’s inquiries.
- Performs all other related duties/projects/reports as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Continuous analysis of competitive sets, price positioning, seasonality and mix.
- Responsible for the daily room inventory management process.
BUILD SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIPS
- Interacts effectively with guests/clients, sales and kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to maintain guest satisfaction and loyalty.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the hotel.
- Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the hotel level.
- Support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholder
- Able to lift 30+ lbs
- Polished personal presentation: grooming meets Company standards, as outlined by Employee Handbook
- Communicates information effectively and efficiently
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously and for extended periods as required to perform essential job functions
- Ability to perform essential job functions under pressure, maintain professionalism when working under stress
- Ability to utilize traditional software programs such as Gmail, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), PMS,CRM, CoAdvantange, Restaurant 365, and any additional systems as needed; ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Ensure that all staff are compliant with Company’s policies and procedures, as well as city, state and federal laws
- Attends mandatory meetings including staff meetings, leadership meetings, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand key financial, clinical, and operational drivers affecting business
- Completes other duties as assigned by General Manager
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at various levels across the company and customers
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups backgrounds
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· 5+ years’ experience as a Director of Sales of a similar caliber hotel concept
· Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Culinary Management, or similar subject, preferred
Compensation: Salary ($85,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts