Required Years of Experience
Delicious Hospitality Group which includes Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, Legacy Records, and our newest location, Bar Pasquale, is expanding the brand to include the boutique Silver Sands Motel, opening May 2023, located in Greenport, Long Island. We are looking for a talented Hotel General Manager to join our opening team.
The Hotel General Manager will manage and oversee all activities related to operations, with a focus on hands on support for food and beverage and rooms division. This role is responsible for ensuring all standards are maintained in service, quality, and execution in every department. This role oversees the hotel’s P&L and financial success of the hotel in every category including cost management, room revenue, food and beverage sales, and events.
The General Manager is responsible for working closely with the Finance, and Human Resources Departments, Director of Sales and Marketing, and the owners to ensure the operation is functioning efficiently, and that decisions regarding operations are made thoughtfully and then enacted and followed through. They will provide timely and effective internal and external communication and collaboration, including high-quality engagement with senior management, sales teams, internal managers, vendors and distributors, and key accounts.
STANDARDS & EXECUTION
- Establish and maintain a service culture in all departments of the hotel.
- Ensure proper service standards are in place and upheld at each unit including but not limited to the following: steps of service, employee appearance, product quality, opening and closing procedures.
- Provide management with proper tools and resources to train and develop hourly staff.
- Guide management in the maintaining of hotel ambiance (music, lights, décor) as set out by owner.
- Develop a pre-arrival, arrival, departure, and post departure guest experience program, which can include an outreach program for arriving guests, creating experience/itinerary, and managing special requests and responding to guest reviews and feedback.
- Performs all other related duties/projects/reports as assigned by the direct supervisor
- As a representative of the hotel, attend required related meetings and events on and off site.
- Monitor and track all communication from guests. Consult with other managers on any issues and advise on responses and actions. Emphasize hospitality and progressive improvement. Resolve complaints from guests in a polite, friendly manner always making sure we follow up with them when needed.
- Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis monitoring property condition, cleanliness, and quality of product and service throughout the Resort. Greet and maintain rapport with employees and guests.
- Completes other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
HUMAN RESOURCES & PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- Help create a cohesive team within and across each area of Silver Sands operation by maintaining a positive presence in every department.
- Possess a hands-on management style and exercise that in each area by supporting the entirety of the management team through leading by example.
- Promote a cooperative effort, a team spirit, and good morale among employees.
- Oversee all hotel and F&B managers and offer consistent, daily guidance and direction for the whole management team.
- Coordinate and lead weekly manager meetings to keep the entire management team up to date on any changes, announcements, or concerns.
- Have a thorough understanding of payroll in order to assist with timecard edits for managers in times of transition/vacation.
- Monitor time-off requests for all managers to ensure proper coverage in all areas.
- Work closely with HR regarding new staff onboarding, as well as all HR, benefit and workers compensation items. In collaboration with HR, plan and execute full training programs for all new managers.
- Delegate and ensure the completion of hotel related administrative duties in each area. This includes ordering, maintaining inventory sheets and accounting for monthly inventory, departmental scheduling, staff meetings, payroll editing, and new employee orientation.
- Participate in training about standardized policies (fire, hygiene, health, safety, employee handbook, etc.).
- Complete bi-annual performance evaluations for all managers, as well as oversee the completion of all other reviews by managers for their teams in collaboration with HR.
ENSURE KNOWLEDGE OF, AND ADHERENCE TO, ALL APPLICABLE LAWS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Adhere to all DHG procedures as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance, and conduct.
- Complete all assigned administrative requirements accurately and on time.
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies.
- Ensure Department of Health compliance in all spaces at all times.
- Participates in planning process to determine budget, vendors, scope, resources, etc. Establishes initial project plans for timelines, milestones, and contingencies.
- Manages food and beverage services by selecting vendors, designing menus, tasting selections, etc.
- Collaborates with appropriate marketing support areas for production of promotional materials, programs, signage, etc. Arranges print and delivery requirements and schedules.
- Coordinates audio visual and production elements, assuring budget, technology and operating requirements are defined and met.
- Drives customer engagement strategy, identifying and assuring quality measures are defined and tracked. Accountable for continued process improvement with customer engagement criteria.
- This position will require operational coverage in partnership of the F&B management team with oversight of service, standards, and shift coverage.
- Monitor labor in all areas and work with managers as needed to ensure appropriate staffing/labor levels and oversee the recruitment, hiring, and training of all new staff as needed. Review timecards on a weekly basis.
- Review and have a thorough understanding of P&L’s distributed to monitor marginal and operating costs. Work with CEO and Director of Finance to develop strategies to control costs and coach managers on strategy at each location.
- Responsible for the accuracy of day-to-day accounting for hotel operations and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with vendors with shared values and goals. Regularly check in on current vendor relations, service levels and pricing.
- Look for opportunities to grow sales and enhance the hotel’s standing in thoughtful and meaningful ways.
- Able to lift 30+ lbs.
- Polished personal presentation: grooming meets Company standards, as outlined by Employee Handbook.
- Communicates information effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously and for extended periods as required to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to perform essential job functions under pressure, maintain professionalism when working under stress.
- Ability to utilize traditional software programs such as Gmail, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), PMS, CRM, CoAdvantage, Restaurant 365, and any additional systems as needed; ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ensure that all staff are compliant with Company’s policies and procedures, as well as city, state and federal laws.
- Attends mandatory meetings including staff meetings, leadership meetings, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand key financial, clinical, and operational drivers affecting business.
- Willingness and desire to create a team learning environment and to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment.
- Supervisory experience or demonstrated willingness, desire, and ability to supervise with aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammate performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teammates with confidence in work processes and goals.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· 5+ years’ experience as a General Manager of a similar caliber hotel concept
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Culinary Management, or similar subject, preferred
- Holds NY Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Food Protection Certificate
Compensation: Salary ($90,000.00 - $125,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Hotel / Restaurant Management Degree