Required Years of Experience
Reports to: Chef de Cuisine and/or Executive Chef, Sous Chef(s)
Position Classification: Non-exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
● Assisting in food preparation.
● Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
● Cooking and preparing various elements of high quality dishes
● Prepping vegetables, meats, fish, cooking and preparing items in a variety of culinary
● Assisting other chefs.
● Plates meal items under the chef de partie’s supervision.
● Helping with restocking and maintaining stations.
● Assisting with stock rotation and maintaining the cleanliness of stations.
● Contributing to maintaining kitchen and food safety standards as compliant with the
Department of Health.
● Maintain superior personal hygiene practices at all time.
● Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout the kitchen.
● Follow all company policies and procedures including recently created and evolving
● Follow all Department of Health (DOH) standards.
● The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching,
frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for long
periods, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours.
- Medical, Dental, Vision for Full Time Employees
- NYC Paid Sick & Safe Leave
- Pre-taxed commuter benefits
- Dining Discounts
**Mattos Hospitality requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19**
We are an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Compensation: Hourly ($17.00 - $24.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Fine Dining, Upscale Casual
Part of Mattos Hospitality
Amado Grill is a fine-dining restaurant from chef Ignacio Mattos that is poised to sit among the most celebrated culinary destinations in New York City and the globe. An intimate space tucked within a historical landmark building on the Lower East Side, Amado will serve a tasting menu that reflects a bold and contemporary approach to timeless open-fire cooking. Our team will be uncompromising in its search for exceptional ingredients, and prepare these products in a style at once primal and elegant—from grilled game meats and whole fish to beautiful raw servings. Our wine list, meanwhile, will present the very best from Europe and the old world.
Guests visiting Amado should expect a grand occasion: an unforgettable experience in the hands of a team with uncommon dedication, warmth, and attention to detail.