Required Years of Experience
Osteria Morini in DC Navy Yards from famed, award-winning hospitality firm Altamarea Group (NYC Michelin favorites Marea, Ai Fiori) is looking for fun-loving, energetic, detail-oriented, and passionate SERVERS to join the team. Osteria Morini offers employees the opportunity to work with quality Italian cuisine, a respectful, safe, professional work environment, and a management team uniquely invested in the growth and success of all team members.
- Manage and assume full responsibility of each guest’s dining experience from start to finish
- Describe and educate guests confidently on all elements of the menu (food and beverage) and restaurant
- Multitask between assisting guests, bussing tables, running food and drinks, performing wine service, and handling any other service / operational duties
- Respond immediately to guests needs and requests
- Build new guest relationships by anticipating needs and providing engaging, memorable, and personalized service
- Maintain clean dining room and restaurant and adhere to all COVID-19 health and safety standards
- Strong background in full-service dining and knowledge of service standards
- Exemplary knowledge of wine and spirits with food pairing
- Adept with all restaurant technology (i.e., Toast POS)
- Highly organized, efficient, and meticulous with attention-to-detail on all operational matters
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and management
- Ability to multi-task and perform in high-volume, high-intensity restaurant
- Demonstrate warm, friendly, high-energy personality with positive attitude and open-minded and team-oriented mindset
- Beverage/Food handler's card may be required according to local and/or state requirements
- Flexible schedule and open availability (full-time) to meet business needs
We offer COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION, medical, dental, and vision benefits after 90 days of employment for full time employees. If you are interested in joining the Osteria Morini team, please submit your resume. Attachments that cannot be opened will not be considered.
Altamarea Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
High Volume Service
Food Safety Knowledge
Food and Beverage Pairing
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Altamarea Group
Osteria Morini D.C. at the Yards introduces Washington, D.C. to the soulful cuisine and convivial spirit of the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. The region’s central city is Bologna and is most commonly recognized as the home of Ferrari and Luciano Pavarotti. Emilia-Romagna, known as the Italian Breadbasket, is also the birthplace of some of the flavors and ingredients commonly associated with Italian cuisine worldwide: prosciutto, mortadella, parmigiano, and balsamic vinegar.
The décor certainly has inspiration from the original Osteria Morini in Soho, New York but also reflects the mood and location of the DC Yards development. The rustic and convivial ambience features high ceilings and exposes a fully open chef's kitchen for guests to enjoy the theatre of their meal unfolding before their eyes.
In Italian, “osteria” means a place where the owner “hosts” guests. It is a relaxed place to be with friends and family. We look forward to hosting you at our Osteria at The Yards and begin your journey to Emilia-Romagna.