Required Years of Experience
SAGA is the second restaurant from the team behind Crown Shy: Chef James Kent, former longtime Chef de Cuisine at Eleven Madison Park, and Jeff Katz, former Managing Director of Del Posto.
At SAGA, we serve an 8-course tasting menu that highlights the best produce we can source from the Hudson Valley, with ideas and inspirations from our mentors, food memories from our childhoods, and the enormous breadth of cuisine we eat in New York City.
Our wine list showcases regions from the old and new world, encompassing traditional and modern styles of winemaking, with a focus on artisanal growers.
One floor above SAGA is Overstory, a cocktail bar with a wraparound terrace. An abbreviated food menu will be available at Overstory.-----
As a KITCHEN SERVER at SAGA, you are responsible for delivering food to all guests. You should be able to communicate effectively with both the Dining Room and Kitchen team. You must ensure the proper delivery of food items according to position numbers, allergies and temperatures. You must ensure all special requests are properly followed: such as augmenting, complimentary items for VIPs, birthday/anniversary candles, etc. You must speak clearly and knowledgeably to customers about food dishes and allergies- working with a warm, knowledgeable & noticeably appreciative demeanor.
SAGA believes in a ‘whole house’ mentality and we expect all departments (Pastry, Savory, Dining Room, and Facilities) to support and motivate each other to achieve our goal of guest satisfaction. As a Front Server, you will interact with all of these departments regularly and should be able to communicate effectively and respectfully with your co workers.
This is a full time position. SAGA will be open 7 days a week. We are closed for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Our restaurants offer access to insurance enrollments (must maintain 25 hours per week), no cost life insurance, a short term disability policy, an Employee Assistance Program (with access to free mental health counseling), 40% dining discounts at group restaurants, referral bonuses, and more!
- Have a warm, positive, and noticeably appreciative demeanor towards guests and colleagues
- Strong food knowledge and eagerness to learn
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a given service
- Be able to effectively communicate, give and take constructive criticism, and work productively in a team dynamic
- Must have a strong focus, heightened attention to detail and precise organizational skills
- Have full schedule availability, including weekends and holidays
- The Kitchen Server should
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time [over 5 hours]
- Be able to lift and carry 50 pounds steadily
- Be comfortable bending, sitting, walking extended distances including up and down flights of stairs, and moving.
- Be comfortable with heights, elevators and small spaces.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package [medical, vision, dental]
- Pre-Tax Deductions for Commuters
- Paid Time Off
- Provide a work environment where you and your guests will want to return
- Provide opportunities for growth within the Hospitality industry
SAGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compensation: Hourly ($10.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Radicle Hospitality
Perched on the 63rd floor of an Art Deco tower at 70 Pine Street, SAGA is a fine dining restaurant in New York City’s Financial District. The restaurant is the sophomore project from Chef James Kent and the team behind Crown Shy; which opened in March 2019 on the ground floor of the same building.
The SAGA suite comprises the top four stories of 70 Pine Street in the tiered spire of the building. One floor above SAGA is Overstory, a cocktail bar with a wraparound terrace. The 62nd and 66th floors are dedicated to private events. The latter–the former observation deck of the building–is a private dining room for a single 18-person table accessed by a private elevator that rises from the ground.