Required Years of Experience
Alinea seeks an AM Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager to join our team in Chicago. The ideal candidate has extraordinary attention to detail, exacting focus, and strong kitchen management experience. This role requires dedication, passion, creativity, and the ability to persevere through challenging services while constantly striving to maintain the standards of The Alinea Group and our leaders.
- 5 years+ as Chef de Partie and/or 2 years+ as Sous Chef
- Knowledge of national and international restaurants/bars of similar standing
Compensation & Benefits:
- Exempt Salaried position, depending on experience. ($65,000 salaried)
- Medical, vision, dental and life benefits available on the 1st of the month following full-time employment.
- Paid time off
- 401(K) with company match up to 4% of deferred earnings, and CTA/Transit discount available on the 1st of the month following full-time employment.
- Employee Dining Discount, 20% at any Alinea Group restaurant
Manage daily kitchen operations including, but not limited to:
- Ability to teach and run all stations with precision and consistency
- Daily inventory and ordering
- Auditing all kitchen areas and staff for compliance with health code
- Assisting CDC staff training and further education
- Assisting CDC with staff scheduling
- Lead by example and maintain a positive work environment
- Work under the guidance of our CDC, Executive Chef, and Alinea Group leadership
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 12 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the restaurant to another.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 35 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, bend and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
The Alinea Group values diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age, veteran status, life experiences and ideas. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strive to provide an inclusive culture that embraces diversity.
Must be eligible to legally work in the United States. We use E-Verify.
Compensation: Salary ($65,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, New American
Part of The Alinea Group
Alinea was founded in 2005 by Chef Grant Achatz and Nick Kokonas.
Featuring a single, seasonally driven tasting menu of between 18 and 22 courses, the experience of dining at Alinea is not only delicious, but also fun, emotional, and provocative.
Alinea has been universally praised for its innovative approach to modernist cuisine. It has three times been named the Best Restaurant in America and is the only restaurant in Chicago, and one of only 12 in the U.S., to earn the coveted Michelin 3-Star rating. It has also won the James Beard Award for Best Service in the United States.