Required Years of Experience
We are looking for dynamic servers to join our exciting new restaurant in Hollywood! The next phase of Nikkei dining from Chef Brandon Kida and the team at Culinary Lab, Gunsmoke is an exciting dining experience mixing world flavors and modern cooking techniques, all with a California sensibility. Add the ambience of a chic design, unique cocktail program and friendly & knowledgeable service.
Our servers are responsible for providing friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. They must be engaged, and provide prompt, courteous and efficient food and beverage service where attention to detail is key. As a primary point of contact for guest interactions, you will be responsible for selling and serving food and beverages using knowledge, hospitality, and service skills.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in POS system
- Ensure that all orders are accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Confirm orders with the chefs and bartenders whenever a clarification is requested
- Offer suggestions by using suggestive selling techniques (daily specials, cocktails, appetizers, entrees, desserts, and after dinner beverages)
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of the work areas and equipment.
- Implement steps of service for guests consistently
- Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service, respond promptly and courteously to any requests
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow team members as situations arise.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years fine dining food and beverage server experience
- Previous POS system experience
- Must have excellent knowledge of fine dining room and service procedures and functions
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Open availability; must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Possess strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding guest services skills
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively (verbal & written)
- Possess basic math skills and ability to handle money and operate a cash register and POS system
- Professional presentation and positive attitude
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Culinary Lab
Located in the heart of Hollywood on the old famed CBS Radio lot, Gunsmoke is a new travel inspired dining concept led by Executive Chef Brandon Kida of acclaimed restaurant, Hinoki & the Bird.
The restaurant will feature the eclectic and soulful flavors of Los Angeles, all with a healthful California sensibility. The Kelly Wearstler designed indoor/outdoor space is housed on the ground floor of luxury residential tower, Columbia Square Living.
Executive Chef / Partner