Required Years of Experience
The Sommelier is responsible for making knowledgeable recommendations of wine and food pairings from the menu and overseeing the serving of wine to guests for service. This position will ensure food and beverage service runs smoothly and that patrons have enjoyable dining experiences by offering wine pairing suggestions. The Sommelier will maintain, restock, and store wine in accordance with the restaurants’ wine program.
· Contribute to an exemplary guest experience
· Advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices
· Educate other staff members on current offerings for wine and beverage
· Manage wine cellar and ensure its fully stocked for daily service
- Ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards.
- Participate actively during pre-shift meeting to assist in educating staff members on current wine offerings and pairings.
- Ensure consistent communication with staff members, management, and the kitchen during service.
- Demonstrate ability to aid co-workers during service while successfully maintaining responsibilities.
- Ensure all guests consistently receive courteous and efficient service from all team members.
- Maintain a welcoming and organized restaurant environment by following all steps of service.
- Anticipate guest needs and create strong guest relationships. Guest recognition is expected for regular recurring guests.
- Respond promptly to guest concerns and complaints involving management when necessary.
- Maintain guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and assessing food/beverage service offerings to suggest improvements.
- Determine and prepare various dining room operation guidelines and recommend improvements.
- Assist the Wine director with planning, purchasing and organizing the restaurant’s wine program.
- Ensures consistent execution of company policies and procedures including recently created and evolving COVID guidelines.
- Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service.
- Reliably complete all assigned side work.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including recently created and evolving COVID guidelines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards.
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for long periods, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours.
- Medical, Dental, Vision for Full Time Employees
- NYC Paid Sick & Safe Leave
- Pre-taxed commuter benefits
- Dining Discounts
We are an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Fine Dining, Upscale Casual
Part of Mattos Hospitality
Amado Grill is a fine-dining restaurant from chef Ignacio Mattos that is poised to sit among the most celebrated culinary destinations in New York City and the globe. An intimate space tucked within a historical landmark building on the Lower East Side, Amado will serve a tasting menu that reflects a bold and contemporary approach to timeless open-fire cooking. Our team will be uncompromising in its search for exceptional ingredients, and prepare these products in a style at once primal and elegant—from grilled game meats and whole fish to beautiful raw servings. Our wine list, meanwhile, will present the very best from Europe and the old world.
Guests visiting Amado should expect a grand occasion: an unforgettable experience in the hands of a team with uncommon dedication, warmth, and attention to detail.