Required Years of Experience
The Bar Assistant is responsible for receiving, organizing, storing, and restocking beer, soda, and liquor in accordance with the restaurants’ bar program. This position will be responsible for bar set up and preparation for daily service. The Bar Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining the bar and stocking essential bar items as well as assisting service staff for daily service.
- Receiving, organizing, storing, and restocking in accordance with the bar program
- Bar setup and preparation for daily service
- Bar maintenance during service
- Assist Bar Director and General Manager with bar related tasks
- Ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards.
- Participate actively in bar trainings and meetings to develop bar knowledge as well as understand the bar program.
- Communicate beverage needs efficiently to Bar Director and Management.
- Demonstrate ability to aid service team and management while successfully maintaining responsibilities.
- Support the Bar Director in receiving, organizing, storing, and restocking beverage items in accordance with the restaurant’s bar program.
- Assist with counting of product and organization for monthly inventory.
- Prepare fresh garnish for daily service.
- Fill batch, cheaters, and dasher bottles.
- Make batches, syrups, cordials, tinctures, etc.
- Juicing lemon and lime in addition to any seasonal juices.
- Ensure beverage section in walk-in, liquor shelves, and LDR cabinets are organized.
- Assist in bar setup for daily service.
- Ensures consistent execution of company policies and procedures including recently created and evolving COVID guidelines.
Bar Service & Maintenance
- Refill ice, bottles, syrups, batches.
- Wash, polish, and restock glassware.
- Receive trays of glassware and ensure glass fridge is stocked.
- Assist in maintaining the bar by bussing dirty dishware and glassware as well as wiping down the bar.
- Ensure backbar is neat, clean, and organized during service.
- Maintain garnishes.
- Assist in making coffees and bread set up for service.
- Restock setups such as silverware, plates, napkins.
- Bring filled bus tubs to dish pit and replace with empty bus tubs.
- Assist servers with bottle by the glass wine as needed.
- Assist with sidework as needed.
- Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including recently created and evolving COVID guidelines.
- Follow all Department of Health (DOH) standards.
- Understanding that we require a positive and professional attitude in the workplace.
- Understand and strive to behave in a way that is in line with the company’s values of respect, excellence, transparency, and resilience. The full definition of these values is in our company handbook.
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, standing for long periods, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours.
We are an equal opportunities employer, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, American
Boutique Hotel, Luxury Hotel, Full Service Hotel
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Mattos Hospitality
Nine Orchard is a luxury, boutique hotel located on Manhattan's Lower East Side. The Food and Beverage offerings are curated by the Mattos Hospitality team, led by Chef Ignacio Mattos, owns and operates New York classics including Estela, Altro Paradiso and Lodi.
The Food and Beverage program at Nine Orchard includes Corner Bar, Lobby Lounge, a collection of private event spaces, in-room dining, and soon a fine-dining restaurant, Amado Grill.
We are actively recruiting for our team at Nine Orchard. If you would like to take part in this exciting opportunity, please review our job posts and apply today. We look forward to connecting soon!