Required Years of Experience
Objective: The objective at Sunday Vinyl is to create a menu that represents the restaurant's unique mastery of the “high/low” experience by encouraging multi-course enjoyment, meeting the demands for approachability and desire for luxury, and compelling people to relax and to continue to enjoy. The expectation is that the Chef de Cuisine works closely with the Beverage Director and Lead Sommelier to create a menu driven by seasonal items that go great with wine. It is critical to develop positive teams that are focused on the pursuit of excellence. You must be a role model in behavior, attitude, respect for all and leadership. You will have a wide range of latitude to pursue dishes of your choosing, steps of service, systems, and hiring of staff. Your direct supervisor will be the Director of Culinary who will coordinate changes and achieve budget objectives. Budget objectives will be set at the beginning of each year and are expected to be achieved. Any issues with achieving desired budgetary goals need to immediately be brought up with the Director of Culinary and FHG Accountant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistent, steady leadership of employee teams towards the vision of hospitality excellence and operational effectiveness
- Consistent execution of service 5 nights a week
- Work with General Manager to build a strong working relationship and set restaurant goals
- Exemplify Frasca Hospitality Group Core Characteristics
- Analysis of daily sales, covers and expenses against targets
- Manage labor on a daily basis to achieve desired target
- Manage Food costing to budget target
- Explanation of any budget variance related to kitchen labor or COGS
- Selection, development and growth of Sous chefs
- Responsible for hiring for line level kitchen staff
- Creation and management of training documents and procedures
- Perform staff evaluations and develop meaningful relationships with team members
- Foster and grow a culture of enlightened hospitality
- Set the direction and ambitions for menus including special events
- Coordination of all food ordering and needed supplies
- Educate and inspire all employees with regards to food, technique
- Extensive collaboration with wine team for menu creation and pairings
- Property Management
- Ensure the restaurant's cleanliness
- Coordination of repairs and regular maintenance
- Extensive knowledge of the cuisine and culture
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Excel, and Word.
- Well versed in Tock, Restaurant 365 and Toast.
- International wine & culinary knowledge.
- Minimum 3 years fine dining management experience.
- Professional and confident verbal and written communication.
- Strong ability to multitask
Self-discipline, initiative and leadership ability is critical. You must have the ability to motivate staff to work as a team. Strong multitasking and communication skills are important to a functionally smooth team. You should strive to portray positivity at all times and lead by example. It is important to be empathetic, fair, and focus on having a good attitude.
Frasca Hospitality Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Compensation: Salary ($65,000.00 - $80,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program, Manager Benefit Package
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Frasca Hospitality Group
Sunday Vinyl is located in Denver's Union Station neighborhood right next to Tavernetta. The newest of the group's restaurants celebrates the culture of both wine and music with a loud, distinctive personality; while still exhibiting Frasca Hospitality Group core values and hospitality.