Required Years of Experience
We are looking for a talented and experienced Chef de Cuisine who shares our passion for great food and hospitality and possesses the drive to lead a kitchen team through prep and service in a fast, high pressure environment. This position reports directly to Chef Philippe Corbet.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating daily prep lists; tracking inventory/prep before, after and during service periods
- Knowledge of all stations, ability to jump in where needed
- Handling of daily ordering and monthly inventory
- Managing, training and mentoring all kitchen staff
- Maintaining cleanliness standards, knowledge of HAACP and food handling procedures
- 6+ years of progressive kitchen experience in a high-volume restaurant
- Culinary school degree preferred but not required
- Possess strongly developed leadership and communication skills
- Self-motivated, dedicated team player with a positive attitude
- Flexible Availability, open to work AM & PM schedules
- Spanish language skills a bonus
- Covid-19 Vaccine Required (medical and religious exemptions considered)
Chef Philippe Corbet oversees our culinary program throughout. His resume includes famed Michelin-starred restaurant Georges Blanc in France, Bouley in Manhattan as well as top tables throughout Long Island. Our mantra is to provide superb cuisine and seamless service through teamwork and thoughtful execution.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, Housing provided for 1 person
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Breakfast / Brunch
Wine Bar, Bar / Lounge, Gastro Pub, Restaurant Group, Fine Dining, Upscale Casual
Part of Alchemy Hospitality Group
Authentic, simple cooking is the driving force behind our menu. To best achieve that, we have made wood-fired cooking the soul of our restaurant. The open flames create warmth and deliver primal sensory experiences most people can associate with and want. We hope you will feel, taste and enjoy "the burn".