Required Years of Experience
As Sous Chef, your primary job is to support the Chef de Cuisine in daily kitchen operations. This may include working line stations as needed, assisting with expediting service, helping with ordering, opening or closing the restaurant, and supporting line staff to ensure kitchen readiness and quality of food.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Assist with payroll - ensure that labor reports are updated and correct.
- Assist with scheduling.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, product quality and cleanliness.
- Train kitchen staff and assess staff’s performance. It is important that you are a motivator and driving force.
- Understand the mechanisms that govern food and labor costs, and work to meet expectations of the budget.
- Ensure all staff members adhere to culinary standards and regulations.
- Assist in menu development, recipe documentation, and dish costing.
- Use creativity in all aspects of your day; willing to suggest new ideas.
- Adhere to the Management Expectations Manual, which will be provided to you during training.
Self-discipline, leadership skills and ability to motivate staff to work as a team. The individual should be a competent line cook who is always pushing to be better in the kitchen and as a leader. This person should portray positivity at all times and lead by example. It is important to be empathetic, fair, and focus on having a good attitude.
- Advanced Knife Skills
- Knowledge of ingredients and techniques across a variety of cuisines, with a focus on Western Europe and the Mediterranean.
- Minimum 3 years in F&B industry (within the past ten years)
- Professional and confident verbal and written communication
- Strong ability to multitask
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Excel, and Word
- 2 - 4 year Culinary School degree
- Annual Salary: $55,000 - $60,000.
- Paid Time Off - you will begin with 40 hours of PTO and start accruing hours each pay period based on years of service. Your max accrual per year currently is 120 hours. See the handbook for full policy.
- Frasca Hospitality Group management is eligible for 100% medical premium coverage by the Company. Dental and Vision insurance is also available.
- Frasca Hospitality Group 401K will be offered after 1 year of hire date with a 4% match.
- Wellness package with discounted rates to local events and gym memberships, along with manager benefit package and incentives.
Frasca Hospitality Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Compensation: Salary ($55,000.00 - $60,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Frasca Hospitality Group
Sunday Vinyl is located in Denver's Union Station neighborhood right next to Tavernetta. The newest of the group's restaurants celebrates the culture of both wine and music with a loud, distinctive personality; while still exhibiting Frasca Hospitality Group core values and hospitality.