Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
We welcome applicants with disabilities and provide reasonable accommodations as needed to our applicants. Please discuss with our hiring managers during our selection processes.
The Pastry Sous Chef is responsible for upholding the standards of the Party Kitchen during preparation of pastry items and with interactions with guests and fellow associates. Supervise and coordinate the production of desserts, confections, ice creams and fancy pastries.
- Prepare all pastry and dessert items for buffet, banquet and restaurant use according to standard recipes.
- Supervise all pastry staff including, hiring, training, counseling and discipline.
- Visually inspect appearance of all cold food for proper color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal.
- Schedule appropriate number of staff according to daily needs, banquet functions and weekly forecasts.
- Ensure proper storage of all pastry items in refrigerators and freezers to maintain product freshness.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Walking and standing are required throughout the working day--length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water. The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Full Service Hotel, Luxury Hotel, Hotel Group, Boutique Hotel