Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
Job Title: Event Server
Reports to: Service Captain or Event Supervisor
Customary Days: Sunday - Saturday
Customary Hours: Up to 40 hours per week; varies to include evenings, holidays, and extended hours as business requires
Position Summary: The Event Server provides excellent and professional service to guests, ensuring an optimal dining experience. At all times, event servers are expected to be attentive to any guest needs and make them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Properly set up dining area according to internal standards and deadlines.
• Interact and communicate professionally with guests.
• Familiarize self with menu to understand dietary restrictions, food allergies and any special requests.
• Serve food to guests through the following methods: Passed Service, Buffet Style and Sweep Service.
• Breakdown and clean kitchen and event space, including consolidating products and loading on truck.
• Follow proper safety and sanitation procedures.
• Perform other relevant duties as required.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Prior work or volunteer experience required.
• High school diploma preferred.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to identify and resolve issues and alert leadership when needed.
• Ability to function independently and intuitively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to interact with diverse groups and foster a cooperative work environment.
• Basic computer skills, ability to navigate the internet.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate with guests.
• Maintain and express a positive customer service attitude.
• Ability to pin tables and fold napkins to standards in a timely fashion.
Language Skills: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills a plus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, taste and smell.
• The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch for 6 to 8 hours at a time.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• May work in extreme heat and cold (non-weather and weather).
• May work in wet conditions (non-weather and weather).
• Noise level is low to moderate.
• May work near toxic/caustic chemical and with fumes or airborne particles.
• Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
High Volume Service
Food Safety Knowledge
Restaurant Group, Event Catering, Upscale Casual, Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining, Special Events Company
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details