Required Years of Experience
Cotogna is the quintessential neighborhood spot featuring seasonally and daily changing Italian cuisine with house-made pasta, spit-roasted and grilled meat, wood-oven pizza, local seafood, and produce coming from the restaurant’s own farm. In keeping with Chef Michael Tusk’s cuisine, Cotogna showcases the best of Italian viticulture with an emphasis on organic, small scale wines true to their terroir.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Consistent scheduling with 2 days off in a row
- Competitive compensation
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401K with up to 4% match
- Deep retail-cost wine discounts, Cotogna Farmer’s Market & restaurant dining discount
- Trips to our Fresh Run Farm in Marin and participation in our Employee Purchasing Program
- Tax deferred commuter benefits for parking or public transportation
- Personalized development plan, advancement opportunities, wine education curriculum
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes in food and beverage
- Supplemental relocation expenses possible and assisted housing search as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
A motivated, organized, charismatic individual. You are passionate about food and beverage, people and hospitality. A quick thinker who possesses the ability to simultaneously be creative and organized. Inherently hospitable, infinitely curious and KIND. You strike up a conversation with anyone, perform well under pressure and have an insatiable desire to learn. You want the opportunity to make your mark and contribute!
WHO WE ARE:
Situated in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square, Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk own and operate Quince & Co Hospitality; a collection of unique restaurant concepts ranging from a Three Starred Michelin flagship to more casual, volume-based concepts, all unified in a commitment to exemplary hospitality, creativity, and a desire to innovate and continually reinvent. Quince & Co is a values-driven company committed to creating rewarding experiences for all team members with growth opportunities for advancement.
Continue, develop, or launch your career with us at Cotogna.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, preparation and serving standards.
- Responsible for the efficient, consistent, accurate and organized production of mis en place requested by Executive pastry chef and Chef de Cuisine.
- Organize and prioritize daily responsibilities to ensure their timely completion.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work environment. Keep all service stations/areas clean and organized at all times.
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of products prepared.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Ice Cream / Sorbet Making
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Quince & Co
Cotogna is a dynamic restaurant aspiring to be the best neighborhood restaurant in the country. Featuring regional Italian fare, Cotogna means ‘quince’ in Italian as a nod to its sister restaurant next door. Cotogna offers a seasonally and frequently changing menu of spit-roasted or grilled meats and game birds, house-made pastas, wood-oven pizzas, local seafood, salads, salumi and cheese, in the warm atmosphere of the restaurant’s refined urban design. A sophisticated yet playful cocktail program features innovative, ingredient-driven cocktails, and its celebrated all-Italian wine list is approachable yet eclectic.