Required Years of Experience
The role of Restaurant Manager is a multifaceted role of leadership, business & operations management and guest services. A successful RM takes ownership of his/her role and the business and collaborates in its growth. A high level of drive and passion is required in any of our concepts but this restaurant; so deeply involved in the community and culture, will require the right ambition to create new realities in leadership by our RM running the business as their own.
The RM will oversee the daily operations, develop guest relations, be responsible for maintaining FOH service levels, managing the front of house staff, be responsible for the development and achievement of financial goals and working with Executive Chef and BOH Team to ensure the guest experience is at the highest level in a clean and safe restaurant while ensuring the efficient and profitable business performance and use of resources.
Hard & Soft Skill Qualifications:
- 2+ years of full-service restaurant management experience preferably in chef-driven restaurants.
- Strong experience running a beverage program including beer, wine & spirits
- Sommelier Certification. Cicerone Certification a plus.
- Strong understanding of hospitality standards, dining service and beverage programs with high attention to detail.
- Proficient at all levels, including recipe knowledge, service standards, sanitation practices, FOH and BOH management functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with effective delegation, follow through and creation of accountability.
- Solid understanding of IT and experience with POS systems. Proficient with word processing, and excel.
- Proficient with financials (P&L's, inventory, food/labor cost, etc.)
- Bi-lingual and social-media working knowledge is a plus.
- Able to work at least 50 to 60 hours a week or more as needed. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Day).
- Must be able to lift 10-25 lbs.
- Serv-Safe Certification in California.
- A genuine sense and love of hospitality, know how to create a unique experience and have inherent leadership abilities to lead and direct an energetic team and create a fun working environment.
- Dependable, flexible, and self-motivated yet able to take direction and work as a team member
- Positive attitude. Social. Fun character. Problem solver. Determined to be the best.
- GREAT with people! Enjoys guest interaction and developing relationships with guests and our community.
- Good Judgment and decision making skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Excited about achieving personal/professional growth and about embracing and driving change while overcoming challenges with collaboration and creativity
- Numbers- and details-oriented.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, walk, and perform other physical tasks for hours.
- Must have exceptional work ethic
Responsibilities (will include, but are not limited to):
- Actively contribute to building something truly special in the restaurant.
- Build lasting relationships with trust and respect on all levels.
- Promote the culture and values of the restaurant.
- Operate the restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
- Maintain a work place that is clean and organized and is cohesive with the restaurant's philosophy, and standards of excellence.
- Be well organized, maintain concentration, and think clearly when providing service within any given period of time.
- Demonstrate consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
- Show Drive and Initiative
- Achieves or exceeds operating results
- Make sound decisions even when not in possession of all the information
- Defines the issue(s), identifies root causes and ties decisions to strategy
- Uses sound logic, makes decisions at the right time, brings others into the decision-making process as needed and chooses the best alternative/solution
- Draws on experience, identifies patterns, then uses logic and good judgment
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Can Lift Up to 50 Lbs
Wine Cellar Organization
Other jobs you might be interested in
Italian, Californian, American
Love & Salt is an Italian inspired neighborhood restaurant with California sensibility that exemplifies the culture of Los Angeles. Love & Salt serves fresh and market-driven ingredients, a highly curated wine list and seasonal handcrafted cocktails with genuine hospitality. Our attitude, philosophy and passion are all about how we show love & respect for our team, our product, our equipment, our guests, our vendors, our community and ourselves. Our mission is to Be Amazing, Make Friends with everyone who walks through the door and Love Our Community!
To learn more about us, Google us, visit us on Facebook and Instagram @loveandsaltla, visit our website www.loveandsaltla.com or read this article http://www.lamag.com/thebestnewrestaurants/the-top-10-best-new-restaurants-of-2015/.