Required Years of Experience
Morihiro Atwater offers an omakase sushi experience prepared by Chef Mori. We offer hyper seasonal ingredients from the farmer’s market sourced both locally and from Japan. Combining the service style of omotenashi and western fine dining, we hope to welcome our guests to a level of fine dining that is catered specific to them.
We are searching for staff members that want to work hard, learn and improve each and every day!
- Maintaining food handling procedures outlined by management team and ServSafe guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of menu descriptions and ingredients of the tasting menu
- Commitment to excellent and hospitality as well as attention to detail
- Establish and maintain positive relationship and environment with coworkers
- Use thoughtful creativity to enhance the guest experience
- Understanding of dining room and kitchen operations
- Maintaining of service standards and systems
- Maintain a calm and professional presence during service in front of guests
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Maintaining an organized work and storage area with the ability to lift all required products at a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Consistent and punctual attendance
- Maintaining clean personal hygiene in and out of the workplace
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Conversational English vocabulary
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and memos in meetings and through email.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Strong team-minded approach to coworkers as well as coaching abilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, tools or controls, reach overhead and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
Morihiro Atwater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Understanding of Japanese cuisine and ingredients
Strong Organizational Skills
High Energy Level
Compensation: Hourly ($20.00 - $25.00) plus tips
Other jobs you might be interested in