Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Upscale Casual
Harlem Hookah was first thought of in 2014 with the objective to fill a void by merging all that the area was missing into one venue- authentic hookahs straight from Africa, a premium cocktail offering, tasty bites, and an environment that is bright, upscale, and modern. Harlem Hookah opened in September of 2016 and since, it has grown to great popularity in the Harlem area and the surrounding communities. Visited by over 3000 visitors per month, Harlem Hookah is the only one of its type in Manhattan, with luxe decor, modern chic ambiance, lively energy, and a custom array of shisha and spirits to make every guest feel embraced. Harlem Hookah is a proud woman owned and black owned business.
At Harlem Hookah, we aspire to create a unique experience for our guests by combining quality beverages, tasty food, and authentic hookah’s with exceptional service in a cosmopolitan and entertaining atmosphere.
We are committed to:
• Creating memorable guest experiences
• Providing a positive, safe and supportive work environment in which hospitality-minded employees are developed, trained and rewarded and diversity is essential
• Continuous improvement and company growth
• Fostering lasting relationships communities where we do business
Our Team Matters
At Harlem Hookah we recognize that our team is essential to the environment we continuously strive to create. As such, we believe that investing time, energy and resources into our team members is essential. We recognize that our company has high expectations for employee performance and those objectives are easier attained with support.
• Over 50 Medical Insurance Plan options
o Partial Company Contribution toward Medical Insurance
• Dental, Vision, Accident, Life Insurance options under employer plan
• Commuter Benefit and Employee Tax Saving Plan which includes public transportation, parking, childcare, & day camp pre-tax savings
• Company reimbursement for New York City Food Handlers Certification exam fee & FDNY Certificate of Fitness for Supervision of Hookah Establishments exam fee
• Regularly scheduled workshops on topics such as How to Start your Own Small Business & How-to Better Budget your Finances given by industry experts
• Continuous hospitality training including wine & spirit education workshops, teambuilding sessions, and industry leader speaker visits
• Employee wellness events such as pre-shift Yoga classes and Mindful Moments Mental Health Sessions provided by licensed therapist
• Employee led charitable initiatives such as Harlem Hookah’s annual Turkey & Toys event
• Anonymous employee relations hotline where employees can report any complaints, concerns, or witness statements concerning their experience working at Harlem Hookah without disclosing their identity