Required Years of Experience
********Relocation bonus available for qualifying candidates*******
Join one of America's most award-winning restaurants, The Inn at Little Washington. Located in the beautiful Virginia countryside just 67 miles west of Washington DC, The Inn at Little Washington is a culinary oasis akin to visiting a Michelin-starred restaurant in the European countryside. Established in 1978, The Inn is a member of Relais & Chateaux. The Inn at Little Washington’s most recent awards include:
- Three Michelin Stars
- Six James Beard Awards, including Best Chef and Best Restaurant in America
- Forbes 5-Star award for the restaurant – 26 years in a row, and one of only 40 restaurants in the US awarded 5-Stars
- Forbes 5-Star award for lodging – 26 years in a row
- AAA 5-Diamond award for the restaurant – 29 years in a row, making The Inn the longest-tenured restaurant in the history of the program
- AAA 5-Diamond award for lodging – 27 years in a row
- 4 Stars (top rating) in Washington Post’s Fall Dining Guide for 2017
- Wine Spectator Grand Award – 22 years in a row, the only restaurant so recognized in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia
- Chef Patrick O’Connell was selected for Le Chef Magazine’s Top 100 Chefs in the World list for 2015 – one of only 10 American chefs included.
Please apply at http://theinnatlittlewashington.com/careers/
The Expeditor is the liaison between the FOH and BOH operations. The Expeditor is responsible for setting the pass with garnish each day, updating and reviewing the daily menu offerings, and execution of service for dinner. Additional duties may include assisting the cooks and stations with daily prep, creating and end-of-service snack for the FOH, organizing the plan for CIP diners, and deep cleaning and organization as directed by management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set pass with daily garnish.
- Expedite all dinner orders from savory and pastry during service.
- Organization and gathering of appropriate plates and service-ware.
- Daily editing and review of menu.
- Attendance at the FOH line-up to share all pertinent information from the kitchen with the dining room.
- Creation of daily end-of-shift snack for FOH.
- Communication with culinary managers and cooks regarding any special menus or dishes and ensuring that all plans are in place during prep time.
- Cleaning and organization as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- A high school diploma/GED or an associate’s degree in culinary arts.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- The ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- A sense of urgency.
- The ability to problem solve in the moment during service for any guest, kitchen, or dining room issue which may arise.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Join one of America’s most award-winning restaurants, The Inn at Little Washington.
Some of The Inn at Little Washington’s most recent awards include:
• 3 Michelin Stars – the first and only three star restaurant in The Nation’s Capital
• La Liste, a French-based guide to the world’s best restaurants, ranked The Inn #3 in the U.S. and #5 in the world
• Forbes 5-Star award for restaurant and lodging
• AAA 5-Diamond award for restaurant and lodging
• Wine Spectator Grand Award
• The Washington Post’s Fall Dining Guide for 2018 honored The Inn by inducting the restaurant into its inaugural “D.C. Restaurant Hall of Fame”
• In 2019, the James Beard Foundation presented Chef Patrick O'Connell with the Lifetime Achievement Award.