Required Years of Experience
Job Number 22078545
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort, 12205 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Prism Hotel Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Directs and coordinates activities of the food and beverage departments, maintaining established operational standards and maximizing profits for the hotel.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- A minimum of three years food and beverage and/ or hospitality related work experience required.
- Valid state driver’s license from applicable state and MVR in good standing.
- Communication skills are used a significant amount of the time when interacting with guests or staff members and when giving instructions.
- A significant portion of time will be spent reviewing budgets, revenues, inventories and requisitions, requiring a great deal of reasoning and thinking skills.
- Since the employee in this position oversees several subordinates, a vast amount of time is spent utilizing problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities.
- Mathematical skills such as profit/ loss concepts, percentages and variances are used often.
Responsibilities may include any and all of the following:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods on a daily basis to ensure quality ingredients, good presentations and recipes meet standards.
- Develops new menu items and sets pricing, keeping in tune with the market.
- Improves existing practices and services both in the front of the house and the back of the house.
- Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and health laws.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to communicate them effectively to subordinates.
- Formulates short term and long term operational and financial plans for the food and beverage department.
- Communicates financial information to the General Manager on a daily basis, including up-to-date budget information and revenue growth programs.
- Prepares the annual hotel budget for food and beverage operations.
- Achieves budgeted revenues, controls cost (which includes labor, food, maintenance, etc.) and maximizes profitability related to the facility operations.
- Ensures proper procedures for handling of financial transactions and credit control.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Takes an active role in sales and marketing by surveying market to know guest needs, creating special menus for catered events to increase sales and developing innovative ideas to increase average checks, increase covers and increase liquor sales in restaurant.
- Aggressively recruits and staffs department using company hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
- Conducts regular food and beverage meetings, providing objective and constructive feedback for the employees. Takes time to listen to employee concerns and deals with any challenges in a timely manner.
- Effectively holds training classes for all food and beverage employees to effectively train on safety, proper procedures and service guidelines.
- Maintains constant communication between departments and keeps other departments informed about special programs and events.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Internal: All hotel departments: For effective communication
External: Guests and Visitors: To provide services
Vendors: Ensure customer Satisfaction
Reports to: General Manager
Subordinates: Outlet/Restaurant Manager, Room Service Manager, Executive Chef and Banquet Manager
Job title also known as: Director of Food Services
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)