Required Years of Experience
Job Title: Baker
Department: Roberta's Frozen Pizza BOH
Hourly Range: $21 - $23/hr
The Roberta’s Restaurant Group is looking for talented bakers to join our team in our Bushwick location! Our bakery provides fresh baked bread on a daily basis to our New York restaurants.
Roberta’s Bushwick, which opened in 2008, helped pave the way for the boroughs’ food scene offering Neapolitan style wood-fired pizzas, artfully crafted cocktails and a diverse natural wine program. Roberta’s is actively expanding and is looking for talented people to join the family and grow with us!
Roberta’s is actively expanding its empire and is looking for talented people to join the family and grow with us!
- The employee must regularly lift objects weighing 50 lbs and remain on their feet for 8 hours at a time.
- MInimum 2 years of commercial baking experience.
- Must be organized, punctual, proactive and have an eye for detail. Must be able to multitask, tracking multiple tasks in progress from hours to days at a time.
- Bakers must have clean work clothing and good personal hygiene at the beginning of their shift, and maintain those standards throughout the day.
- Schedule flexibility is necessary
Quality & Standards
- Expected to uphold standards of knowledge and competency when scaling, mixing, fermenting, shaping, proofing, baking and storing/transporting breads
- Expected to abide by all standards as outlined in our Handbook and policy documents, as well as those set by the management staff on a day to day basis.
- Need to have a basic understanding of the 10 steps of bread baking as well as an eagerness to learn.
Compensation: Hourly ($21.00 - $23.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dining Discounts