Required Years of Experience
Job Title: Catering & Event Captain
Hourly Rate: $35
FT/PT status: This is a per diem, part time position
Job Description/Objective of position:
We are looking for an experienced, detail oriented Event Captain to lead the day of operations of on and offsite events. This person must have experience running events from setup to breakdown, managing and delegating responsibilities to team members and quick problem solving ability.
- Review timeline and BEO for the event; assign responsibilities to each front of house team member and delegate tasks and role assignments throughout setup, the event and breakdown
- Look over rental order; ensure that setup of tables, chairs and rentals are done according to floorplan
- Keep the event on pace with the timeline
- Assign scheduled staff responsibilities during setup and the event based to supervise sign in and out, and manage breaks according to NYS wage and hour laws
- Communicate with the kitchen and serve as an expeditor
- Act as the on site contact for external vendors such as DJ’s, florists, photographers, etc.
- Facilitate breakdown of event in a speedy and efficient manner and ensure that rentals are collected and brought to the agreed upon location
- Meeting with event director prior to the event day to finalize event details and contribute to any administrative responsibilities required for the event, ie. printing menus, creating menu signage, etc.
Skills and experience:
- 2+ years of experience in the service industry. Experience as a manager or lead server is preferred
- Previous experience working in events
- Comfortable wearing many hats, and juggling many roles at once
- Eye for detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- Ability to work on your feet for 8+ hours at a time, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Compensation: Hourly ($35.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dining Discounts