Required Years of Experience
Taquizo - NOW HIRING - EXECUTIVE CHEF
Looking for a talented candidtae to grow with our independant owned and operated concept.
- Familiarity in Mexican Cusine
- Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
- Ensuring consistency, promptness, freshness, and quality of dishes
- Coordinating cooks’ tasks
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness
- Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards
- Designing new recipes, planning menus and selecting plate presentations
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational, and financial objectives
- Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers, and dishwashers
- Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders
- Setting and monitoring performance standards for staff
- Training FOH staff on menu development and ingredients
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers
- Involvement in culinary activities on and off site
- Keep time and payroll records
- Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints
- Running pre-shift meetings withFOH staff
- Maintain recipe book for restaurant
- Repair and Maintenance of all cooking equipment, refrigeration, exhaust and ansul systems, grease removal and grease trap cleaning
If this is the right fit, we wold love to hear from you - Pllease submit your resume for considerstion.Taquizo
1835 West North Ave.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Basic Knife Skills
Food Handler Certificate
Cleaning / Sanitation
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Fast Casual, Quick Service
Taquizo is located in the heart of the bustling Wicker Park neighborhood.
Our authentic street style menu is complemented with a modern approach to Mexican classics.
At Taquizo, enjoy the best of both worlds,
a quick service taqueria or the elevated dining experience of our seated dinner menu.
Taquizo’s bar program celebrates the gift from the homeland, artisanal agave spirits with a focus on margaritas and creative cocktails - all crafted with fresh pressed juices and purées.