Required Years of Experience
COTOGNA RESTAURANT – ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Cotogna is the quintessential neighborhood spot featuring seasonally and daily changing Italian cuisine with house-made pasta, spit-roasted and grilled meat, wood-oven pizza, local seafood, and produce coming from the restaurant’s own farm. In keeping with Chef Michael Tusk’s cuisine, Cotogna showcases the best of Italian viticulture with an emphasis on organic, small scale wines true to their terroir.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Consistent scheduling with 2 days off in a row
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401K with up to 4.5% match
- Competitive compensation
- Deep retail-cost wine discounts, Cotogna Farmer’s Market & restaurant dining discount
- Tax deferred commuter benefits for parking or public transportation
- Personalized development plan, advancement opportunities, wine education curriculum
- Trips to our Fresh Run Farm in Marin and participation in our Employee Purchasing Program
- Sponsorship of continuing education classes in food and beverage
- Supplemental relocation expenses possible and assisted housing search as needed
WHO YOU ARE
A career-minded, motivated, organized, individual seeking a long-term position and a company to learn and grow with. You are charismatic and possess excellent presentation and communication skills, allowing you to successfully interact with long-established clientele as well as new faces. You have a deep, genuine passion and love of people and hospitality, a strong work ethic and can lead by example. You are collaborative and enjoy working on a team that includes the front of house, a dedicated wine team and kitchen staff, all as one united front, and possess the ability to be dynamic, receive feedback and implement change, as necessary. Your positive attitude, honesty, sense of humor and genuine kindness will ensure you fit right in with the Cotogna team! You also possess:
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a successful Manager for a similar or comparable concept
- An understanding of how to operate a profitable, sustainable and ethical business
- Excellent time management and delegation skills as well as exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience training and developing staff
- Knowledge and previous experience with Italian food and wine – highly preferred but not required
WHO WE ARE
Situated in San Francisco’s historic Jackson Square, Lindsay and Chef Michael Tusk own and operate Quince & Co Hospitality; a collection of unique restaurant concepts ranging from a Three Starred Michelin flagship to more casual, volume-based concepts, all unified in a commitment to exemplary hospitality, creativity, and a desire to innovate and continually reinvent. Quince & Co is a values-driven company committed to creating rewarding experiences for all team members with growth opportunities for advancement.
CONTINUE, DEVELOP, OR LAUNCH YOUR CAREER WITH US AT COTOGNA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Quince & Co
Cotogna is a dynamic restaurant aspiring to be the best neighborhood restaurant in the country. Featuring regional Italian fare, Cotogna means ‘quince’ in Italian as a nod to its sister restaurant next door. Cotogna offers a seasonally and frequently changing menu of spit-roasted or grilled meats and game birds, house-made pastas, wood-oven pizzas, local seafood, salads, salumi and cheese, in the warm atmosphere of the restaurant’s refined urban design. A sophisticated yet playful cocktail program features innovative, ingredient-driven cocktails, and its celebrated all-Italian wine list is approachable yet eclectic.